Hotel Las Tres Banderas
Parador Resort and Spa(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$189
US$180
Shana By The Beach, Hotel Residence & Spa(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$130
Las Cascadas The Falls(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$120
La Mariposa Hotel(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$156
US$151
  • Breakfast included
La Posada Private Jungle Bungalows(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$96
Falls Resort at Manuel Antonio(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$109
  • Breakfast included
US$486
US$461
Gaia Hotel & Reserve(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$248
Makanda by the Sea(Manuel Antonio)
US$325
US$315
Tulemar Resort(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$205
All reviewspolish foodcosta ricacharming hotelrooms are smallnice balconyair conditioningnational parkdefinitely stay here againbus stopthe main roadsan josesteep hillsquirrel monkeysjunglebeachesandreastours
Reviewed February 27, 2011

Stayed there for week very great place can not find better place for the buck. Also service great . Not far from beach or downtown quepos . Management very good . Very friendly place . All staff are great .

• Stayed: March 2010
1  Thank Jaysondoss
Reviewed February 21, 2011

This hotel is more suited for people who don't mind old-fashioned furniture, substandard beds and very ugly decor. I really thought that I was in a place from the 1920s. The sheets on the bed were flowered covered, but too big for the mattress. There were dead ants on the floor in the living room. One of the bath towels had a spot on it and it looked like rust or something. At breakfast, we were given some toast that tasted like it was three days old. It tasted rancid. The room came with breakfast but the owner had the juice and other items away from the guests. You requested juice and they brought it to you. I suspect this was their way of conserving. I didn't feel like I could ask for another glass. In all fairness, this may not have been the case, but the feeling I got from the staff led me to this conclusion. The main thing I saw that turned me off about this hotel was the distance to the beach, the outside appearance, and the owner. There was in my opinion no professionalism. He was drinking beers with his buddies at 10:00 am when we were checking out.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jackbelg
Reviewed February 21, 2011

The place is homey, and the owner, andy is very friendly. while the location is great and the atmosphere is very quaint, like other commentators have said it needs some updating. The room furniture was worn out, and i would not even sit on the couches inside or on the outside porch. the beds are another story entirely. This guy has no idea that mattress's wear out, and ours was lumpy and old. I was disgusted. There was no mattress pad, and i could feel the lumps all night long. The sheets were threadbare and torn and the pillows hard. The food was average. On the plus side, the ambiance is very nice and it is small so there is no zoo atmosphere like the nearby disney-like Mariposa. If you are looking for simple and relatively inexpensive lodging, go there. If you want something nice, look elsewhere.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Levi56
Reviewed October 8, 2010

This hotel is in a serious need of updating, the rooms are tiny, smelly, buggy and damp. The beds are uncomfortable and the pillows flat!. The window air conditioner is right at the bed level so it blows right on you.The shower stall had a broken area near the bottom and could easily cut you. We found out from the one other guest staying there at the same time that it's used mostly by fishermen. The location isn't great either, not within walking distance of anything. There was a public bus stop at the street entrance however. I can't even give the breakfast a decent rating. Do yourself a favor and don't stay here. Manuel Antonio has much to offer but this hotel isn't the place to enjoy it.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank funtraveler027
Reviewed July 23, 2010

I love this place. The owner is charming, the room was extremely clean, the facilities lovely, the food was great. I am NOT comparing this to a 5 star facility. HOWEVER, for a relatively modest place, it was great. It had a nice pool and air conditioning, which appearantly isn't a standard feature in CR (and no, it was not an old unit as one reviewer indicated. It appeared to be fairly new.) There was a nice balcony overlooking the forest, and a nice tiled bathroom and shower. There was a hair dryer, and the pillows and sheets seemed fine to me. (They were NOT 600 thread count, nor were the pillows fluffy down. There was no duvet which I would have expected for $200 a night. It's not a down/duvet kind of a place... I'm not sure what the people who complained were expecting for a $55 room, but I was perfectly satisfied. I had a wonderful grilled fish dinner for $10, and my daughter had a shrimp and pasta dish for $15 or so with the biggest shrimp I have ever seen in my life. I watched the cook prepare it and everything was fresh. This place was a great value for the money. I will definitely come again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family