My wife and I stayed in a villa at Hotel Makanda for three nights during an 11 day vacation to Costa Rica in early March. It is a truly wonderful place to stay and would be an ideal location for a honeymoon. The setting with the balconies overlooking the jungle and ocean beyond is simply superb and the balcony was a great place for breakfast. On our last morning there we had two Titi monkeys peering at us from the edge of the roof while we were eating breakfast(we did not feed them). They were very cute and it was the first time we saw the Titi monkeys while we in the Manual Antonio area. Breakfasts were delicious every day. We ate at the Sunspot Bar and Grill twice, once for lunch and once for dinner and both times it was quite good and we were practically alone. The hike down to the beach was fun and we enjoyed the beach even though I managed to lose my glasses when a big wave hit me from behind. The staff at the hotel were all cordial and helpful, particularly Leo at the front desk and Luis, the gate man. Although the Manual Antonio-Quepos area is pretty crowded with tourists you never really know that when you stay at Hotel Makanda. We're not sure we will return to the area but if we do come back to the Manual Antonio-Quepos area this is where we'll stay. It just doesn't get any better than this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Makanda By the Sea is 12 acres of wildlife sanctuary, 100 meters above the ocean. Our fully equipped Villas and Studios are carefully placed in rainforest gardens with spectacular views of the sixty mile coastline. Hotel Makanda is the ideal location for guests wishing to experience “romance in nature”, dazzling sunset views and our personalized boutique hotel ambiance. Offering gourmet cuisine, first class service, and close to Manuel Antonio Park, Spas, Restaurants, Tours and Beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Cancelon so you can book your Makanda by the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Makanda By The Sea Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Makanda By The Sea Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio