We stayed in a one bedroom select villa for seven nights with our two boys ages 10 and 12. I think the best part of the villa is the wonderful balcony with views of the Pacific, a grill, hammock, and furniture. The beach is very nice with waves to play in and very warm water!! The food and drink service at the beach was good as well.
We ran into people who complained that getting the shuttle to and from the beach involved a long wait at times and they were frustrated. We walked to and from the beach even though it is hilly so we don't have complaints about the shuttle.
We did zip lining, kayaking in the mangroves, a tour of Manuel Antonio national park and
white water rafting. It turns out that the white water rafting with Favia was the best of all the experiences we had! The views were beautiful and there were some small challenging rapids (only considered class II or III). We even saw Toucans flying around and perched in the trees.
My only serious complaint would be that when things did go wrong during our week, they were not handled very professionally. They need to work on finessing their customer service. They were great in helping us set up tours but not so great when my dress got paint on it while sitting on the wicker chair on the deck. My dress and my husband's shorts were ruined. I just wanted reimbursement for the cost of the clothes but it turned into a wheeling and dealing situation with promises to do everything BUT reimburse..including $100.00 gift certificate at Victorias etc. etc. There was a lot of "I have to talk with my boss"
and haggling. It kind of reminded me of trying to buy a car! Anyway, it was very stressful and ultimately we were reimbursed but it could have been handled so simply with an apology and reimbursement and it wasn't. It was almost as if they tried to turn around and make it seem like it was our fault and that we were being unreasonable (at least that's how it felt).
Unfortunately there was also construction going on right next to our villa which lasted from Monday until Friday. I'm wondering why this couldn't have been done in the off season? We were out early and back late many days so it wasn't horrible, but who wants to hear saws and hammering etc when they are trying to get away from it all? They did pay for one of our tours to make up for it, but still....
Despite all of this, however, I think we would go there again! It was just so beautiful!! But I definitely have a sour taste in my mouth from interactions from the various concierge we had to deal with when we had issues.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Tulemar Resort The Premier Resort Hotel in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica Rated as the number 1 resort hotel in Central America and Costa Rica and number 9 in the World by Trip Advisor Tulemar Resort is a full service resort set in the peaceful 33-acre gated and secure Tulemar Gardens Condominium. A wide variety of standalone accommodations are available for our guests, including the famed Tulemar Bungalows & Villas, as well as our luxurious 1, 2, and 3 bedroom Buena Vista Luxury Villas. The property itself is spectacular, nestled in a lush rainforest overlooking the beautiful Manuel Antonio coastline. Surrounded by nature, Tulemar Resort features incredible gardens, walking paths, thriving wildlife, and the ONLY exclusive sandy beach in the region. At Tulemar Resort you will enjoy the luxury and privacy of your very own villa, along with the amenities of a high end resort, including concierge service, daily maid service, 4 swimming pools, beach bar, spa services, tour desk, and the best sunset bar and restaurant in town. We invite you to review our website for photos and details, then book one of these magnificent villas or bungalows and experience the most unforgettable vacation of your life! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Tulemar's Buena Vista Luxury Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buena Vista Luxury Villas Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Buena Vista Hotel And Casas
- Tulemar's Buena Vista Luxury Villas Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park