“Secluded and Quiet”

Adventure Park and Hotel Vista Golfo
Ranked #1 of 2 Miramar B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 March 2012

We just returned from Costa Rica and 3 nights of our vacation was spent at the Hotel Golfo Vista Adventure Park. Our room - the mid-range room with 2 queen beds - was overlooking the pool with the Golf of Nicoya in the background. Beautiful! Really nice sunsets from our balcony. It was near the reception area and restaurant which was also convenient. We did the package deal the first night, which included the canopy tour with 25 zip lines and 11 waterfalls, dinner the first night and the room. Excellent value. The rooms are simple but adequate. Not many rooms, so you feel like you have the whole place to yourself. Food was excellent and a good value for the money. Staff was awesome - we will miss Sasha and his sense of humor. Canopy tour was the best I have ever done - I have done them in Hawaii and Belize before this one. Customer service was exceptional. For example, I tried to book the Calypso Tortuga Island Tour on my own, but they did not respond to my emails for some reason. The staff at Hoteol Gulfo Vista was able to book it for me and arrange transportation. The only drawback to staying here is that it is a few miles past Miramar and there is not much of anything else around.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Adventure Park and Hotel Vista Golfo

Reviewed 4 March 2012

We had the most spectacular day of our entire trip in Costa Rica. The zip lines where exciting, all 25 of them! And the horse ride up hill was relaxing and easy with beautiful vistas to photography. Lunch was even outstanding. A great value.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 February 2012

We booked this place for the zip lines and we were so glad we did!!. If you want to ride by horse back (about 45 minutes) up a mountain, enjoy 25 zip lines over 11 waterfalls, repel down two cliffs and take a dip in a mountain pool, this place is for you. Anyone who is terrified of heights like I am will understand the sheer horror I had at the thought of attempting this challenge but I'm at that stage in life where I refuse to let things stop me from doing it all. Off we went and I loved it. If I can do it, anyone can, so go for it. The accommodations, the meals and the staff only enhanced the wonderful time we had during our stay. We're sending all our friends because it was so well worth it! And don't forget to try the "Superman".

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rhonda M
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I've never written a review before, so this is fun! We just got back from Costa Rica yesterday and we already want to go back. I am a big adventure girl and so I did a lot of internet searching to find the best ziplining tour in Costa Rica (since there are hundreds to choose between!) I read some good reviews about adventure park and booked our tour there. What a blast!! It was quite the deal with everything you get out of the tour. Best price and best experience. We loved horseback riding. Our guides Patricio and Wagner were so much fun. I loved that they let us run with the horses as well. We didn't have to just go slow the whole time which I loved. All of the guides were so personable and cared about getting to know our names. By the end of the trip one of them was calling my husband cunado (which means brother-in-law) because he wanted to be part of our family. It was hilarious. The guides made the tour so much fun because they were so friendly and energetic. The ziplining over the waterfalls was awesome! Very unique experience. I am a rock climber and I'm certified in doing ropes courses. I have done a lot of different ziplines and this one was the best I have ever done. They knew what they were doing and I felt completely safe the entire time. I loved that we got to go swimming in one of the waterfalls- that made it fun! It was fun to have so many ziplines to go down- it helped the fun last longer. Oh, and my husband still talks about how amazing the food was! At the end of the tour, they took us up to the restaurant that looks out over Costa Rica (gorgeous view) and fed us a DELCIOUS authentic Costa Rican lunch. It completed the experience. Brandon (my husband) wants to give a shout out to all the guides! They were SOO good- they deserve a raise! Thanks Victor for waiting for us so we could ride the horses! Loved it!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lisa K
Reviewed 19 February 2012

My friend & I booked our stay here very last minute & were fortunate to get a reservation that day. We arrived hungry & early. The staff here were very accommodating. Upon arrival we asked for chips & salsa by the spring fed pool & were pleasantly surprised w/ a full sampler platter of fruit, fish, cheeses, seafood salad & chili w/ fried tortilla strips. They definitely over delivered. :) We must've gotten their last room because we were in a room that was right by the area where they gather up the horses early in the am so be prepared to arise early! You'll want to anyway so you can get a jump start on your day. We had breakfast in an open air cozy restaurant & then rode horses up the mountain & did 26 zip lines over 11 waterfalls & dined alfresco again for a lovely lunch of fish, beef or chicken afterwards.
Just a head's up:
The directions that we were given weren't accurate & mapquest has them wrong as well, but we managed alright. You turn right (from Puntarenas) @ a Delta gas station--not a Shell gas station & it's a little further than 12km as stated.
The website is a little confusing as to how to book your reservation. Make sure to do the all inclusive pkg as it will save you some money. Also include the superman zip line for an additional $15--well worth it- it's a 1/2 mile long!!! :)

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 19 February 2012

We were staying in Jaco and had been on the ziplines there last year. While surfing the net for more challenging lines I found Adventure Park.We all agreed to try this out and we were very pleased. I will be back in 4 weeks with other friends, I just have to do this again..

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 February 2012

We spotted this in Trip Advisor and it certaily lived up to its reputation. We were met at 1030 pm at San Jose airport by the manager and driven to the hotel arriving at half past midnight. Lovely large room with a great view and comfortable bed. Up next morning for a horse ride up the hills with well behaved horses who know the way there and back. They just turn around when you get off and go back home autmatically!You don't need any experience to ride them. The zip-lining was great fun and well supervised by really friendly helpful staff, with good attention to safety. It was fantastic whizzing through the forest down the river valley. We had a very nice breakfast and lunch at the hotel, where once again the staff were very friendly and helpful. You should definitely make this your first stay in Costa Rica.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miramar
39.4 km away
Alamar Aparthotel
#10 of 20 in Punta Arenas
18.3 km away
Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica

Been to Adventure Park and Hotel Vista Golfo? Share your experiences!