“Just do it...”

Ranked #1 of 2 Miramar B&B and Inns
Cape Coral, Florida
“Just do it...”
Reviewed 10 May 2012 via mobile

I just got back a few days ago from my trip with my sister and we kept saying how this was our highlight of the trip. The roller coaster ride up is steep and intriguing. The owners are great. Property is beautiful and well maintained. We did a night canopy tour which rocked! The superman at night was a great decision. The 11 waterfall Canopy tour was a great day too. We got to swim in the refreshing, slightly chilly waterfall. Great photos!!! The horses were so used to this trip, these guys are pro's making hills that made me sore for days a beautiful and fun journey. Super gentle and the most well mannered trail horses I have ridden. The views from the restaurant and our room was priceless. We never made it to the pool because we were so busy on tours and eating. DON'T skip out on the package deal if you have time to stay there. It is well worth it and the meals are the best. Trust me this is the best spot to be for many miles!! I would do this again a million times!

Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Reviewed 4 May 2012

We did not stay at this hotel, but came in from Tamarindo (3 hour drive) for the zip lining! After traveling so long, I was a bit worried it may not have been worth the trip! I was wrong! First off, the owners (?) who greet you and sign you in are very welcoming! The "handlers" who take you on the tour are even better! We rode the horses up (45 min) to the 1st platform - easy riding! This is a totally safe and amazing line tour! The guys are so on top of the safety and they make it FUN! What a rush! The mountains and rainforests are gorgeous - 11 waterfalls! 1/2 way through, you stop and take a break to swim in a lagoon! I wanted to do it all over again at the end - which by the way, at the end you are served a delicious meal! BOOK IT!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Danbury, Connecticut
Reviewed 2 May 2012

We did not stay at this hotel but came to do the zip lines and the tour was awesome! The second we finished I wanted to go again. For about $100 a person we went horseback riding, did 25 zip lines, went swimming in the most gorgeous swimming hole, and ate a delicious lunch (and I'm super picky!) I had the vegetarian option that came with plantains, rice and beans, and the most delicious phylo/pastry type thing (sorry, I do not know what it was!). The horseback ride was about 45 minutes/1 hour and there are a few steep hills- it is mostly uncovered and hot so make sure you have your sunscreen and hat under your helmet! I did feel for the horses as I am an animal lover and it was hot, hot, hot and the hills seemed difficult for them. You can tell they are eager to return home as they all turn around the second you hop off at the zip line and start racing back towards the hotel. PLEASE NOTE: there is a weight limit to ride the horse and I believe it is 220lbs. Some people DID NOT know this and had to be driven up while their spouse/family member could ride. This should be written or told to people and am not sure why it wasn't?? The guides were a great group of guys and had everyone laughing the whole time. You do have to wait your turn on the zip line but it was no big deal for us. We enjoyed the beautiful scenery and chatting with others in our group. We kind of became like a family and even had meals together back at the hotel where we were all staying! I definitely recommend the zip line tour.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Devon K
Miami
Reviewed 29 April 2012

My stay at Adventure Park was perfect in every way, The beauty of the area was pristine, the staff were more like friends and family than hired help, the accommodations were adorable and comfortable and Best of all the ziplines were awesome!!!! My daughter and I had the adventure of our lives.
Marilyn and Heather

Room Tip: 2nd floor of the cabin closest to the lodge, sleeps 3, the views are fantastic!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
New York, NY
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Great price for a full day of horseback riding, zip lining and wateralls. Guides are very friendly and knowledgable. Definitely the place to visit if looking for exciting excursions in Costa Rica.

Room Tip: Walter and Enrique are stand out guides.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
West Sacramento
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Myself and 5 friends did the waterfall zip line canopy tour in March 2012 and had a blast. We did not make a reservation in advance so we missed the 11 am tour but they were able to schedule us in for a tour in the afternoon. While we were waiting for our tour to begin, they provided coffee and lunch (included in the cost of the tour) and we hung out at the hotel, which seemed to be a little dated, but has an amazing view. The place is a little ways up into the mountains above Puntarenas and the road is steep to get there so I'd definitely recommend booking ahead so you can be sure you have a space reserved. I would also try to make sure you get in a small group, 10 people or less so you don't have to spend too much time waiting. In total there were 9 people in our group so we did not have to wait very long between lines. The zip lines on this tour may be shorter, but there are a lot of lines, 11 waterfalls, and two repels and the opportunity to swim at one of the waterfalls halfway through the tour. I had some friends who did the zip line at Selvatura tell me that the Vista Golfo zip lines sounded better. To each his own, I suppose. The crew we had, Jorge, Patricio, and Juan were great and we felt completely safe in their hands. Despite my minor fear of heights, which I quickly overcame due to how much fun I was having, this was a wonderful experience.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Puebla
Reviewed 16 April 2012

We did the 11 waterfalls zip line tour, which was nice, but we did another tour in Quepos, where the cables were much longer. Here the cables are short, except 2 cables. As our group was very lange(nearly 30 people) we had to wait every five lines sometimes as much as half an hour waiting for the group to gather. Thats reallly disappointing. We had better zip lining experiences other places in Costa Rica.
The staff on tour is very friendly and helpful. It's a pity that the manager Barbara isn´t as friendly.
The lunch after the tour is basic and they charge you 6$ for a piece of cake.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank SonjaPuebla
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miramar
39.4 km away
36.8 km away
Hotel Lomas del Volcan
Hotel Lomas del Volcan
#9 of 57 in La Fortuna de San Carlos

Been to Adventure Park and Hotel Vista Golfo? Share your experiences!