“Friendly, knowledgeable, fun”

Young Vision Surf School
Ranked #2 of 17 Tours in Montezuma
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Young Vision Surf School is a Costa Rican owned and operated surf school in Montezuma, Costa Rica. International Surf Association (ISA) Certified bilingual surf instructors and Certified Beach Rescue Lifeguards teach you about safety in the water, standing up on the board and catching waves of all sizes. Daily lessons include two hours of instruction, the use of the surf board, rash guard and fresh fruits. Contact us to fulfill your dream of surfing in paradise!
Reviewed April 15, 2018

You can't go wrong with Young Vision. Manuel and his crew are truly passionate about what they do and where they live. We just took one afternoon lesson, but we learned a lot about surfing, and also about the local area and ecology. And of course, we all stood up! We're grateful for a beautiful afternoon that we'll always remember.

ManuelCespedes, Owner at Young Vision Surf School, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2018

Thanks for choosing us to surf with. We appreciate your feedback. Please come back to surf with us again one day. pura vida!

All reviews
"an awesome experience"
"beautiful beach"
"his team"

Reviewed April 11, 2018 via mobile

Great teachers, safe, fun and perfect for young children. Our two children aged 7 and 11 loved it and after one lesson were confidently standing up on the boards. They took safety very seriously and made sure they kept the group number small so that the children got one to one help. We would really recommend anyone to have lessons with Young Vision. We can't wait to surf again!

ManuelCespedes, Owner at Young Vision Surf School, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2018

Thanks for choosing us to surf with your family. We're thrilled to know you and your kids had a great time. We hope to see you in the waves again one day! pura vida

Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

Young Vision in the best, don't look further! My friends and I took lessons from Manuel, Nego, Joseph, and Dillon and had no regrets. Manuel was my instructor and not only was he professional, experienced, and fun but he cared for all of our safety. I'm still amazed at how he kept his eyes on all the students while managing to successfully teach me how to get up on my board. These guys taught our whole team of friends how to surf...we all have work ahead of us but everyone caught waves. Manual runs a great crew and they became like family to me. I would definitely go back to surf with them or just hangout! Love these guys. The beach, Playa Grande, they take you to is beautiful, has great breaks, and lots of space. They are local, know their beaches well, and care...don't go with anyone else.

1  Thank CuriousGeorge007
ManuelCespedes, Owner at Young Vision Surf School, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. We had a great time surfing with all of you. We appreciate your support of our local Costa Rican company and we are so happy to share the waves with you. Come back soon!

Reviewed March 30, 2018

I surfed for 5 days with the Young Vision Surf School. These guys are absolutely amazing. This was the best surfing experience of my life. I can’t say enough good things about them. Thanks Manuel! You are the best!

1  Thank m0mmy66

Thank you so much, it is an honour to be a part of your adventure. We are so glad you enjoyed your surf lessons. Pura vida!

See more reviews
Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

You will not regret his experience. I am beyond thankful to have met Manuel. I’ve had extreme Blue Crush dreams since I was 13 and after spending the week working with Manuel, I have the confidence that I can carry this into my real life in California.

Manuel is truly a gifted teacher and has the most amazing team surrounding him- Joseph and Naggo are BEYOND amazing as well.

I cannot remind them enough!!!

1  Thank lcoggiola

So proud of you! Carry on with everything you learned at home and we look forward to surfing with you again one day. Thank you for this great feedback and thank you for surfing with a local Costa Rican surf school. Pura vida!