“Great value for money”

Young Vision Surf School
Ranked #2 of 17 Tours in Montezuma
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Young Vision Surf School is a Costa Rican owned and operated surf school in Montezuma, Costa Rica. International Surf Association (ISA) Certified bilingual surf instructors and Certified Beach Rescue Lifeguards teach you about safety in the water, standing up on the board and catching waves of all sizes. Daily lessons include two hours of instruction, the use of the surf board, rash guard and fresh fruits. Contact us to fulfill your dream of surfing in paradise!
Reviewed July 16, 2018 via mobile

We took two lessons and learnt a lot, one instructor for two people, gave personal advice and took great care of us!

Location is great for beginners and intermediate surfers. We ate refreshing fruits during the break and saw monkeys & Pepe the iguana.

The price of the courses is cheap compared to the other surfing schools in Costa Rica.

Thanks for everything!

"an awesome experience"
"beautiful beach"
"his team"

Reviewed June 29, 2018 via mobile

Young Visions is one of the best surf schools I’ve come across.

It was a established by a Montezuma local and all of the coaches and teachers are local too.

This means a lot to me as a tourist and a traveller. It’s nice to know that the community is benefiting directly from my travel dollar.

The coaching was second to none. We were with a Yoga & Surf retreat so the experience level of the group was broad with the majority being new to surfing and female.

The instructors were very good and the teaching groups were well thought out. One of the instructors was female. That was nice to see.

Everybody was able to learn at their own pace with hands on coaching.

I was able to get some video coaching and was able to chase some of the bigger waves.

Every day there was something new to learn about technique and ocean awareness.

Most of the surfing is on Playa Grande. It is about a half hour walk from town. The walk was a great time to prepare and debrief from the day’s session.

Part of our week long class was a road trip to the beaches on the west coast, dinner on the beach and a sunset.

I highly recommend Young Visions if you find yourself in Montezuma.

Reviewed June 22, 2018

I was lucky to have 3 days of private lessons with Manuel, and I really saw progression in my beginner surf skills. He was patient and encouraging while staying right next to me the whole time but also pushed me to get comfortable and trust myself with bigger waves. More important than the physical aspects of catching and riding a wave, he explained the various breaks around Montezuma, effect of the tides, how to read waves, and the importance of riding the wave not letting it ride you! And the fresh coconut water was heaven after a salty surf! I highly recommend Young Vision!

Reviewed June 16, 2018

My 7-year-old son begged for me to take him surfing and we came across Young Vision Surf School. I just have to say that our instructors (because mom had to go, too) were incredible. Joseph had my son surfing after his second attempt, while Nego had unbelievable patience with me. We loved the surfing, the beach, the fresh coconuts, Nego and Joseph, and seeing the Howler monkeys. If you get the chance check these guys out- it’s worth every cent!