Open today: 7:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Water Taxi

The staff are very knowledgeable and provided a great service, with pick up at our hotel. They were... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
missycarla
Victoria, Canada
via mobile
Montezuma to Manuel Antonio

These guys organised our trip over to Jaco by boat, then on to Manuel Antonio by mini bus. The... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
L3137IKclairem
Canterbury, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews boat ride tortuga island water taxi manuel antonio puffer fish day trip juice costa rica snorkeling tour beach chairs delicious lunch humpback whales potatoes your luggage these guys snorkeling spots jaco beach
Reviewed July 18, 2018

Went with them for snorkeling expedition. The staff was super friendly, super polite and very resourceful. Lunch on the beach was excellent (I had the tuna but I must admit that my daughter's veggy option looked incredible also).

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed July 17, 2018

We loved our snorkeling tour with Zumba tours. They were super easy to work with and very reasonably priced. The 2 locations where they dropped us to explore the underwater world were loaded with a wide variety of fish. It was so beautiful!

After snorkeling we went to La Tourtuga Island for lunch and were given a few hours there to enjoy the beach at the island. Lunch was delicious and was served right away. The beach is touristy so there were a lot of people from other tours there as well. There is a fee for just about everything once you are on the island, from using the beach chairs to using the bathroom. As a result our group either stayed at the Zumba tours lunch spot or stayed in the water until it was time to leave. Which was fine with us. The Zumba tour guys watched our stuff for us, so we really didn’t need the chairs anyway. Just a heads up.

I highly recommend this tour if you are visiting Costa Rica. It was one of the highlights of our trip.

Reviewed July 16, 2018

Zuma is a great company with knowledgeable and friendly staff, a comfortable boat, and a cooler full of refreshing fruits and beer. My wife and I enjoyed the trip out to Tortuga Island, but seemed to have hit Montezuma when conditions were not very great for snorkeling. There was an active red tide event that we swam in at one of 2 snorkeling locations which was weird to swim in (still need to look up if you can get sick by ingesting harmful algal bloom water). I'm a fish biologist, so was easily satisfied by swimming with some damselfish, hawkfish,wrasses, butterflyfish, and juvenile grey snappers. From the surface waters, visibility was at a minimum, you really could not see much, so it was only when I held my breath and dove down ~10ft or so that I could make out the fishes and enjoy the water.

One negative that should be advertised up front is that on Tortuga Island, it costs money to do anything beyond swim or eat the provided lunch. Want to sit in a beach chair: $7, Want to hike the short nature walk: $5, rent a kayak or jetski: $$. We did the nature walk and enjoyed it, but were surprised that every thing had a price tag when you got to the island. Be prepared.

There was a friendly peccary that we pet for free on the island - very adorable.

Overall, I'm glad we went out and saw the island, but probably would have had as much fun exploring local trails and waterfalls in Montezuma. This trip cost $60/person for reference. Snorkel gear provided was rumored to be 'the best in the area', but it still fell short of what I would own personally. So if you have good gear, bring that.

Reviewed July 10, 2018

The entire experience was amazing, the staff was fantastic. If you skip the superman zipline experience or the Tarzan swing .... you might as well just leap from a mountain. It was the best day ever.

Reviewed July 7, 2018 via mobile

Out of all the tour companies that go to Tortuga Island Zuma Tours has the best boat, equipment & staff. You get some time to snorkel off the boat then lots of time on the island to hang out or you can pay to do other activities. For me it was a little too much time on the island but it was a great trip.