All reviews her mom yoga platform white hawk osa peninsula rocking chairs howler monkeys corcovado national park costa rica resident dog yoga retreat saltwater pool bird watching ice cold water hacienda room screened windows up hill a wonderful job
Reviewed January 27, 2015 via mobile

Seeing the video on their web site made me decide to come to this place. It is nice to see such respect to the environment. Yoga with Lana was fantastic. Food could be improved, it is expensive for what it is offered. But I understand logostics are very difficult here. The tents are located very high up and you need to consider it when you book. Evenings are little bold there could be some activities.

Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank goncish
Reviewed January 26, 2015 via mobile

This is not an easy access place, okay. This is not a cheap place too, okay. The road is not that easy, alright; but when you come here you understand, definitely it worth to be here.
While you stay Lana will guide all your needs and she will inform you around this beautiful national park peninsula.
We stayed in the tent, it has just one excuse, to many steps up to your room. As you guessed it has a very large view of course.
In the morning don't miss yoga with Lana and than have your breakfast. If you are fit enough go to waterfall. And day after go to corcovado national park with your lovely guide. Ours was Jóse, he did everything what he can to show us all the animals. He is young but he knows all these animals moves, where they hide or what they do. With a normal eye seriously you see almost nothing. Trust me you miss anything with Jóse.
If you are planning to come here with a car, you need absolutely a 4x4 vehicle. Or there is an other option is a flight. It looks maybe expensive but it makes your life so easy and comfortable, believe me.
But if you could come with a 4x4 (what we did) you will be more free to explore around. We went to beach anytime we want and we had a lovely lunch on the way from Luna lodge 13km away. You will see when you driven to lodge on the sea side.
For Luna Lodge maybe I can say one small thing about dinner. They say they have fine dinner but not for me. Don't miss understand me, the meal is nice but if it is a open buffet dinner and just one option, it has no chance to suit to everybody. I prefer to have some little more options. But the place itself not an easy logistical area. That's why I have to accept as it is ;-)

Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yardan
Reviewed January 25, 2015

My son-in-law and I stayed at the Luna Lodge for 3 nights during April of 2014. It was just at the end of the dry season. The owner was wonderful. We are birders/photographers. We were met by our taxi, a 4x4 vehicle, and crossed several streams/rivers to get to the lodge. During this part of our experience the driver stopped and pointed out wildlife. We were greeted by the owner, Lana, and she was friendly and gave us a warm welcome. This approach toward us continued throughout our entire stay. The staff were helpful and couldn't do enough to help us. The guides were great. In particular, Gary was a heck of a birder and knew his creatures. He was warm and friendly and spoke very good English. The food was always delicious. The staff/cook did a great job on all phases of the meals. A deck was part of the dining area. It extended out to over-look the valley and ocean. You could literally sit no the deck and see/hear monkeys, birds and other creatures. Our rooms were large with comfortable beds. The furniture was nice. Here is the one and only down side. The water pressure for the shower varied. It was never a strong stream but at times it was weak. It was also hard to adjust the temperature. If you want to experience a warm and friendly staff, good food, large and clean rooms while having the opportunity to experience a natural setting this is the place to go. We loved it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the dining area. Some of the more remote rooms had a significant walk.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank MikeHWittmer
Reviewed January 25, 2015

I stayed in one of the bungalows for 3 nights and it was a wonderful way to end my holiday in Costa Rica! The staff are wonderful and nothing is too much trouble. Luna Lodge attracts people from all over the world and I met some really interesting people from all over the world. I cannot rate Luna Lodge highly enough and I will definitely be back!

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank Anna9878
Reviewed January 12, 2015

Looked out from the deck on the first day and saw howler monkeys to one side, spider monkeys leaping from branches on the other, macaws overhead ... you truly are in the rainforest here, and it truly is out on a mission to preserve more primary forest around and bring guests into the sheer wonder of the place and its biodiversity.
We were here for five nights. Trips to the Corcovado (twice, once walking and once by plane further in), kayaking, a bird safari and morning bird walk, all with Gary who is a tremendous spotter and guide, great care taken. That sense of being cared for was everywhere, from arrival onwards ... and the massages are highly recommended. We were in the 'nature lovers' tents' ... I had dismissed other reviewers' guidance on how high up they were, but the 183 steps to ours was a real workout. They are minimal but they have all you need and are good value for the luxury of everything else. Lana the owner is everywhere, a bright presence who keeps the whole operation incredibly alert and lively whatever the difficulties of being in a jungle might be. Remarkably, there were no mosquitoes. Fine trails. Good food ... meals are shared but other guests on the whole were well worth coming to know. Conversations revolved around the wonders of what we were encountering. Really quite a remarkable place that gave everything we hoped for and more. We flew in and out from Puerto Jimenez with Alfa Romeo Air Taxis ... fun, skimming the forest canopy and it takes seven minutes to a slim paved airstrip just below the lodge, from which we were picked up.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple