All reviews osa peninsula jacuzzi room costa rica pot holes nice pool american hotel pool view great resort two queen beds breakfast was included dirt road short drive pineapple watch the sunrise iguana lodge puerto ocean
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Do not trust your Garmin GPS to locate the correct road to enter this hotel. The rooms were average. No great beds or hot water. The hotel did start installing solar heaters during our stay.

The best part was the cook who prepared great Italian dishes for dinner.. With this said the breakfast options were nothing to write home about. Had a reservation for two rooms for two weeks but checked out after the first week.

Room Tip: All about the same.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Suitcase_Man1
Agua Dulce L, Manager at Agua Dulce Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2018

We thank you for your comments! the new heaters are up and working now, we are always making changes to improve our services and restaurant, we want our customers happy!!

Reviewed April 4, 2018

We travel on a budget so we chose a garden view room. This meant it was towards the back area of the hotel -- and that was perfectly fine with us. You see, we found a tree by the back lot that two toucans liked to visit during the day. They were fun to watch. Our room at the hotel was clean and nice to stay in. Matthew helped us often with questions and was so friendly, pleasant and helpful. We also met the manager, Rauol, who was also friendly and helpful. In fact I think everyone we met there treated us well. The beach was beautiful; we especially enjoyed sitting on a log on it to look at the stars. (Bring a flashlight to get around.) We would stay there again.

Room Tip: There is a variety available so it depends on your needs and wants
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

We thank you for your kind Comments! It is a great pleasure to assist our guests and we are very happy to know you had a great time and enjoyed the Toucans by the tree!! the staff is very happy to hear your comments!!
Come Back!!!
Pura Vida.

Reviewed April 3, 2018

Just returned from a 5 1/2 week vacation in Costa Rica. Like the past 7 years, I stayed at Agua Dulce Beach Resort. The location is ideal as it is right on the beach. And the staff goes out of their way to make you feel at home. Raoul, Matthew, Mazne, Jensee, as well as housekeeping and maintenance are true professionals and always smiling and asking how you are or if you need anything. They make me feel like a queen every time I visit. The rooms, pool, grounds and restaurant are kept very clean. The rooms and bathrooms are large. The atmosphere is so relaxing, whether at the pool or beach. The food at the restaurant was very good and the staff was very friendly. If you are looking for paradise, I highly suggest Agua Dulce. I will be going back again next year.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Agua Dulce L, Manager at Agua Dulce Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2018

You made our day!!!Many thanks for taking the time to write about us.

Muchas Gracias.
Pura vida

Reviewed March 3, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at Agua Dulce for 10 nights as a part of our Costa Rica trip in February 2018. The hotel is spectacularly located at an amazing, almost lonely beach, with a sometimes wild ocean.

The rooms are nothing special, ours had two queen beds where one would have been enough. They look slightly used and could need an upgrade in the following years. But the price was really okay, so I can't complain about that.

The bitter pill is the restaurant. The hotel being 5 bumpy km away from the next village, you are very limited with dining options when you don't have a car. First of all, the pricing policy: in small print on the daily menu they state that the prices don't include local tax, but they don't say how much that is (around 13%, as we found out later). Tips of 10% are not included, which is not unusual thing in Costa Rica.

If you want to pay by credit card, you're up for the next surprise, because they charge another 13% on top. So every time you go for dinner, you have to get your calculator ready. The net prices stated in the menu are already too high, I would say at least 30% above normal prices (compared to eg the Marisqueria in Puerto Jimenez). So all the extra charges leave you with an unreasonably high bill. I can only call this rip off.

Next, the food: they call themselves an Italian restaurant, which is something we didn't get at all. Why would I go to Costa Rica and want Italian food? But alright, we tried the pizza, and I have to say that it was one of the worst pizzas of my life. So don't do the Italian stuff. What they're much better at is the sea food, and they make good cocktails.

After a couple of days we realised that the problem seems to be the manager of the restaurant. He's using every cheap trick to rip the hotel guests off.

To the contrary, we'd really like to point out that the girls working in the restaurant are doing a great job. They seem to know what's going on and try to make the experience as little painful as possible.

After two days, we decided to boycott this restaurant, and went to Pto Jimenez, and to the Pearl of Osa, which is just 5 walking minutes away, but with way better food and service.

I can only hope the hotel management will act and fire this guy, because this situation damages the entire experience. Therefore my rating: 4 stars for the hotel minus 1 for the restaurant.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank miikito
Reviewed March 3, 2018

We stayed for 3 nights and were taken care of by Matthew on reception who went over and above to make sure we were looked after. Matthew also helped us change our booking so that we could go off on a trip to Corcovado and welcomed us back like an old friend. There’s complimentary coffee and water at reception 24/7 which was fab in the morning when I could grab a coffee to take with me to watch the sunrise on the beach. There are also complimentary bikes at reception so you can cycle into town (and save $15 in a taxi) Breakfast is ok, but the evening meals are super. Rooms were much nicer than I was expecting, there’s aircon and a balcony with rocking chairs! Just watch the bill in the restaurant, first night we were given a discount for paying cash, next night a 13% tax was applied; next night no tax but no discount!

Stayed: February 2018
Agua Dulce L, Manager at Agua Dulce Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2018

Many thanks for taking the time to write about us.

the Management