“The last true frontier of Costa Rica.”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Ocean Views
View from Punta Jaguar
Master Sink
Handmade Spiral Staircase
Brian Lovely, Co-Creator of this house gets bananas !
Second Floor Room
Second Floor room with two handmade closets and privacy door off of the spiral staircase
Root Dining Room Table
Fully Stocked Kitchen
Lounge and Kitchen
Amazing surf for all levels
Hosts
Adventures
Security
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 14 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Calmermus...
“The last true frontier of Costa Rica.”
Reviewed 23 January 2015 for a stay in April 2014
person found this review helpful

I must say, I've been traveling to Costa Rica since I was a teenager (15 years) backpacking with friends and sleeping on the beach. Now that I am a bit older and don't really want to stay in a 2 dollar a night hostel (2 dollars a night is long gone) with 5 other guys pilled ontop of one another just to afford to stay a month longerto surf .

I set out to find a place to surf, spend time with my wife and hike. I think what Brian and Eva have done with the property is unreal. It's the most beautiful and affordible places I've ever been to. Not just in Costa Rica but the world. (And I travel allot)

Everything from the detailed wood work in the house to the creative spin on what a tree house could be is just breath taking. The work and craftsmanship that went into this house. You won't find this anywhere in costa rica. This should be on the cover of dwell magazine.

If you have a moment to stay here. Do your self a favor And take that opportunity to do so There is nothing like this in Costa Rica and most likely in the world.

From the beaches, water falls wild life to the small local community. You will never forget this experience. Very warm and friendly.

I actually hate to share this with the world. But this place is amazing .. You can thank me later ...

Book this place ......

24 Jan 2015
We are so happy that you and your lovely wife Alicia chose us as your vacation rental in Matapalo. It was so much fun to have you guys stay! We hope you will return soon. Thank you for your kind words! We appreciate you!

Eva
WolfMarti...
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Beauty Beyond your Wildest Dreams!”
Reviewed 4 November 2014 for a stay in April 2014

I have traveled somewhat to various places around the world. Most people, I imagine, myself included, travel to explore the city and country of destination. I mean, does anyone go someplace to stay in a hotel room or at their accommodations, never to leave the room? Sure maybe few do, but Especially NOT if your going to a place as exotic as Osa Peninsula. BUT... for the first time in my Life I arrived at such a Spectacular and Stunning place, Punta Jaguar, and felt perfectly content to spend entire Days in my room. Right! I could have, if I had more time, never left my room. It was beyond just luxurious comfort, it was also an adventure, right in the room!! In the "Treehouse" you are eye level with the top of the jungle canopy, without walls to box you in, creating a safe environment to feel and experience being at one with Nature! Exotic Birds, and monkeys, in their natural habitat, singing their songs as if to welcome you to their tree top world, while the light fragrance of tropical flora carried on the warm, pristine breeze swept through the room, and my soul! This created an extremely rare opportunity to witness something very few humans will ever get to witness!
If you read the other reviews here you will get a sense of the INCREDIBLE Craftsmanship, Creativity, Love, and Such Care that is so tangibly apparent in this Dream House. Yes... "Dream of the Tree's House"! And Brian and Eva Lovely tapped into that Dream, and have brought forth an Impeccably Beautiful interpretation of what was clearly being spoken to them from Creation Itself! Punta Jaguar stands up, and meets, eye to eye, the Beauty of its surrounding environment. Truly Heavenly, no exaggeration, when I imagine what Heaven on Earth must be like! I no longer have to Imagine... I was there!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything, but maybe I could say the view from the Bed!
Liked least: Having to leave!
Travelling group: Solo
Friends getaway
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
8 Nov 2014
This is why we do what we do! What a gift to be able to realize a dream and share it with people that are as excited as us! Thank you so much for choosing Punta Jaguar! Your words mean so much to us. Please come back!!!!
Stambo
Melbourne
“A magical paradise in the jungle”
Reviewed 7 July 2014 for a stay in June 2014

Words cannot adequately describe the incredible experience I had staying at Punta Jaguar. I almost had to pinch myself to believe it was real. There is just nothing else like it. Staying here is truly a special and magical experience. It is a towering, romantic, magnificent, beautifully-designed three story treehouse perched on a cliff overlooking the ocean surrounded by a tropical oasis in the Osa Peninsula. It has everything you need while still being true to nature and the area. The 360 degree views take your breath away and the wood design and features are simply stunning. You wake up to incredible sounds of the jungle each morning and are exposed to some of the most beautiful wildlife all around you. It is just a short walk down to the beach where you can relax and surf morning and night. You have complete privacy but are connected enough to the people and places around you that you never feel isolated. It is the perfect balance between a private tropical retreat and a jungle adventure. There are so many wonderful things to do and experience in the OSA. Eva and Brian are the loveliest hosts and made everything easy and comfortable. They know everyone around town so I met new lifelong friends during my stay - everyone was so friendly and inviting. Eva and Brian think of everything before you do and give great tips and advice for your stay in Costa Rica and at Punta Jaguar, which was a huge help. They checked in with me during my stay and were very responsive and thoughtful. They gave me recommendations for restaurants, activities, car hire – you name it. They even left stunning vases of flowers all over the treehouse for my birthday to make my stay extra special. They have a lovely caretaker on site who is a great resource for anything you need during your stay and you also have access to a travel company who can help you book anything you want to do while in the OSA. My trip at Punta Jaguar is one of the most special and magical trips I have ever done. You will never forget your stay here. I know I certainly won’t. It changed me in the most profound way possible. I cannot thank Eva and Brian enough for such a wonderful adventure and for allowing me to share in their magical paradise. I am already planning my next trip back to Punta Jaguar. I think it will be my annual (or bi-annual) retreat for a longtime to come. If you have the chance to stay here, you are one lucky soul.

Travelling group: Solo
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
16 Mar 2016
Rebecca, you are so kind to take the time to share your beautiful words with us. We miss you but know you will always carry the Pura Vida in your heart. Please come back any time!
Eva

A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
Rugged travelers
Ayshe D
Portland, Oregon
“The Hands-Down Coolest Experience You May Ever Have”
Reviewed 26 February 2014 for a stay in January 2014
person found this review helpful

I have had the very good fortune of travelling a lot of the planet for a lot of my 38 years (which sounds insanely pretentious, but bear with me, I am just trying to make a point :))…and I remember the moment during our stay when I looked at my husband and said, “I think this is the coolest place I have ever been.” I realize this is a bold statement. It’s like being able to pick your favorite song or name your ONE favorite food. But I’m not lying or exaggerating; our time here was hands-down the coolest thing I have ever done. While everything about this location in the Osa Peninsula is enchanting (you’ll even find yourself smiling about waking to the sound of howler monkeys)…at the center of this experience is the Punta Jaguar tree house. I saw in another review that this tree house is in reality a jungle-beach fantasy land that you may dream up in your head. What’s really cool is that it is actually what your hosts, Brian and Eva Lovely, dreamed up in their beautiful heads. It is tranquil luxury in the heart of the jungle. It is an architectural feat bound for Dwell magazine that exists off the grid (cause it’s solar-powered…righteous). It’s the one place on your worldly travels that you can actually drink the water (cause Brian and Eva bring in the water from natural spring nearby). Ultimately, it’s kind of like trying to write about an amazing smell or a delicious flavor, you have to trust me and the other reviewers when we say: it is a place of your dreams. The details and décor look as though a high priced interior decorator flew in materials from Paris or Morocco. But no…the furniture is entirely designed and built by your hosts (the appropriately named Lovely’s) using the wood from the jungle that surrounds you at Punta Jaguar. The bathroom sink is a giant half clam shell found on Matapalo Beach. The dining table is the trunk of a tree that fell near their home. The lighting and lanterns are from Little Rock, AK…Eva’s hometown. Every corner, every detail has a story…and they will all be ones you will want to someday, in turn, share with your loved ones.

Some tips:
1) I recommend you fly into Puerto Jimenez and rent your 4x4 there to drive to Punta Jaguar. Driving from San Jose takes the better part of a day and is only worth it if you have plenty of time and want to stop along the way. Otherwise, catch a prop plane from San Jose to Puerto Jimenez, rent your ride, stop at the B&M to grab groceries and head to Punta Jaguar! We will do this on our next visit.
2) Make sure you meet the whole family: Bandido (Brian and Eva’s awesome pup) and Wanbali (Brian and Eva’s awesome HAWK – yah that’s right.)
3) Take your hosts up on their additional services: they can stock your fridge on your arrival day or coordinate local adventures for a small fee. SO WORTH IT. We had a young man named Eddie (or whom I refer to as the Jungle Whisperer) take us on a jungle tour. It was that day that I said this was the coolest place I've ever been. You will repel down a waterfall on this tour. I'll leave it at that.
4) Hit up Martina’s (the sole local bar and restaurant) on Friday night to hang with locals, check out local art, and have homemade ice cream. I mean…whuuut?
5) Take many strolls down Beach Road. If you’re lucky, Eva may even draw you a map :-). Matapalo Beach is the most seductive with its righteous break for all you surfers, but Backwash Beach is my fave. Breathtaking.

Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Arkansas
Reviewed 24 February 2014 for a stay in December 2013

A romantic getaway Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing