See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed January 23, 2018

I had a reservation through Booking Buddy. In the evening I repeatedly drove down the street where the hotel was supposed to be. I couldn’t read addresses and didn’t see any sign. A policeman with internet access on his cell phone said it was 4 km west of the police station. I found no hotel sign in that vicinity. My gps recognized neither the address on the voucher nor the hotel name. No one I showed the voucher to seemed to have ever heard of it. A local person called the number on the voucher with his cell phone and got no answer. I gave up and got a room elsewhere. I don’t have internet access in the car,so I couldn’t access a map more detailed then the one on the voucher. I suppose I am out $69.

Room tip: Make sure you can find it.
Date of stay: January 2018
Reviewed January 14, 2018 via mobile

Small hotel out of walking distance from town center. Large rooms with airco and small rusty fridge. Basic bathroom with cold water only. Weak wifi. Clean but poor quality matrass and sheats. Small pool and bar. Goid and cheap breakfast with very limited choices and poor coffee. Next to a busy road with heavy traffic.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed December 6, 2017 via mobile

Lovely place. Very clean and secure. The price includes a two course breakfast with beverages & coffee, on premises pool and beach access. The owner/manager will give you recommendations on destinations and transportations. It’s family run and the staff were delightful and so nice! Thank you Hotel Mar y Mar!

Date of stay: December 2017
Reviewed November 27, 2017 via mobile

We really liked this place. It is very clean, has its own garage, little restaurant and convenience store. It also has a little pool and you only cross the street and you reach the beach. It's a nature friendly place because they recycle and use solar energy. Also the employees are very kind. I definitely recommend this place.

Date of stay: November 2017
Reviewed July 4, 2017 via mobile

Great little hidden gem, a bit unnoticed from the outside but tranquil and serene inside. We were upgraded to a room upstairs with a cute little outside area and view of beach and pool. The family was so kind and I felt like a guest in their home. I ended up getting mild food poisoned somewhere on our way and they offered so much help from making tea to moving my car when I was too scared to drive it across the busy road to park it. Great one night stop in the way to Monteverde. Beaches are ok, not the best compared to Costa Rica standards and if you are renting a car the GPS can not find it. Use your iPhone and save money.

Date of stay: July 2017