“Great restaurant, probably the best sushi in Costa Rica”
Review of Samurai Sushi

Samurai Sushi
Ranked #41 of 186 Restaurants in Escazu
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed December 28, 2016 via mobile

We arr regular clientsand we all love this place. The food quality is always good, the service is great and the atmosphere is nice.

The teppanyaki is really good but I am a sushi lover so this my review is mainly focus on sushi and starters.

For starters I always recommend the spicy edamame, if you like spicy food you got to try it. My next recommendation is the Wanpoki (japanese chalupa), sounds weird but it is amazing and you will not regret. Finally the tempura is really good.

Usually I go with friends and we shared the starters. Then we hace try most of the sushi rolls and the niguiris, all are great. Desserts are also good.

I have recommended this place so many times and everybody have told me that they love it.

Reviewed November 22, 2016

I frequent this restaurant. The service is great and the food is good. One of the things I love about this place is how fast they dish the food up.
Cozy and warm atmosphere; pleasant music. Fair value.

Reviewed July 2, 2016 via mobile

We were staying at the Courtyard in Escazu and looking for something within walking distance and saw this from our window. I was a little worried because reviews on this site were a mixed bag, but we decided it was worth trying.

Friendly service, and delicious food! Part of our group had sushi, part had Teppanyaki and everyone thoroughly enjoyed the meal. Portions were good sized and we felt it was priced accordingly for the area. The highlight was the dessert at the end of the meal!

Overall, a delightful evening!

Reviewed June 19, 2016 via mobile

I ordered a rainbow roll for $16, I was so disgusted I pulled out a picture of a restaurant where I ate last week and showed it to the sushi chef and the waiter on how a Rainbow roll should be made . it was 99% rice and the fish they put on top was as thin as ginger and such a small amount you could only taste the rice , you get better quality sushi at an all you could eat Chinese buffet for $6.99

Reviewed June 1, 2016

Four of us visited the Teppanyaki section, overall we felt it was overpriced. One of our meals was too salty and another one too dry to eat. It was nothing memorable.