“Nice place and food”

La Querencia
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Escazu
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: Argentinian
Description: Argentinian Artisan Restaurant, Breakfast & Dely - Retail shop / Rotiseria - Food to go in Escazu - San Jose - Costa Rica
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

This is one of my favorite place in town. It is a family restaurant where the personnel’s treat you as part of the same family. You can get very good combinations of meat lovers, vegetables, empanadas and desserts. During the weekend is a nice option to get lunch with family and friends. Please, visit them and let them know how good is the food and service.

Reviewed January 4, 2018

First of all, our server was super nice, go out of their way to make sure you're taken care of, and I really appreciate that. He tried his best to converse in English because we spoke no Spanish. I have loved everything I've tried. Must try Empanadas and fresh papaya juice. We (including teenagers) had breakfast and lunch at this place. Highly recommend this place to anyone looking for awesome food and service.

Carlos_Passuello, Propietario at La Querencia, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2018

thanks a lot we appreciate a lot your comments we will wait you soon Blessings

Reviewed December 10, 2017

Service was very nice and attentive. I had a hard time finding any dishes that were gluten and dairy free. Ended up getting a tenderloin steak that was fairly well prepared. Sides were fine. My wife got a ravioli meal and loved it! (mushroom ravioli). All in all, I'd go back.

Reviewed November 27, 2017

We went and bought some empanadas and media lunas. Had them for lunch and snack. Nice Argentinian delights and would definitely recommend it!

Reviewed July 10, 2017

Always in search of authentic eats while traveling, La Querencia doesn't disappoint! I discovered this little gem a few years ago while seeking the most amazing empanadas and boy did I find them, amongst MANY other tasty items. From comfort dishes, to meats, to the MOST AMAZING bakery items ever, this place covers it all. Not to mention, the kindest, most professional staff. Can't wait to stop in on our next vacation.