“It is not the same anymore”

Restaurante La Cascada
Ranked #28 of 180 Restaurants in Escazu
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 5 November 2016 via mobile

This was one of the best restaurants in Costa Rica, receantly I went with my husband and ordered seasonal burger, I can tell you it was a greasy not tasty burger. The service was very bad, the shortened the menu, the decoration is the same old and boring one. Do not recommend it at all.

Ricardo W, Propietario at Restaurante La Cascada, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2016

Hello mcorcar!
Before all, thank you for your opinion, and letting us know that you didn´t had a good experience in our restaurant, and let me apologize for that. We always listen carefully our customers with good advices and also critics on what we have to do, so we can be better every day.
I´m sorry that you didn´t enjoy your burger, we received an award for our burger yesterday (best performance and judges choice) along 19 of the best restaurants in San José, so I don´t know what went wrong.
I´m also concerned about you receiveng a service described as very bad and I´m sorry you did not like our new environment, because we made a remodeling work 9 months ago.
I´m sending you a private message, so you can tell me more, and I promise you, taht personally, I will fix any problem you are not satisfied with.
As I said, our customers go first, and I hope you change your mind recomending our restaurant, after you give us another chance.
Have a great day, and please reply to my private message, so we can talk.
Thank you!

Reviewed 24 October 2016 via mobile

Famous for their palmito (hearts of palm) salad. Perhaps the best lobster in the Central Valley. Shrimp the size of Donald trump's hands. Great selection of steaks. They bring them out on a cart so you can pick the ones you want. Delicious.

Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

Every time I go to San Jose I like to stop by La Cascada for a good steak with rice, beans and platano maduro. The foods takes me back to my childhood years.

Reviewed 27 June 2016 via mobile

La Cascada , San Jose , Costa Rica , is a restaurant part of the tradition of good-food-places in Costa Rica . Always meat is great , but it also offers very tasty fish
If you are in Costa Rica , visit la Cascada

1  Thank Mordejai1L
Reviewed 19 June 2016 via mobile

We arrived here early on a week afternoon and there wasn't a soul inside the restaurant. The staff were friendly and welcoming, we were celebrating good news so decided to try some place different. We ordered two drinks and two different main courses. The mojitos were okay nothing special, but was looking forward to the meal as we heard the cuts were fantastic. We were disappointed. The plates arrived and we had to ask what the difference was. All we saw was that one cut was slightly bigger than the other, no other visual clues.
There was a baked potato without garnish, it comes without any filling or herbs. Alongside the meat were beans and plantains. That's it.
For the princely sum of 42k colones or approx 80 dollars we felt underwhelmed and quite frankly conned. I wouldn't recommend it for the food alone. And yes, as others here have mentioned, the restaurant looks old and in need of a facelift but that is not the main problem here - it's value for money.
Didn't get to use the washroom facilities here as honestly, we felt disappointed enough!