“great for meat lovers”

Price range: US$20 - US$50
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 26, 2017

this is a meat restaurant, you will find great choice of meat and imported steaks. The other options are not that good. even though good steaks its a bit overpriced. Service was very good

Reviewed May 27, 2017 via mobile

This is a local restaurant that is a classic!
The only inconvenience is that the restaurant is a little old... However is well maintained.
The image of the restaurant goes away with the quality of the service and the great food

the steak is very good... but what is really fantastic in this restaurant is the Palmito!!! it is a must!!!

the other great surprise was the dessert... I had the "3 leches" cake... it is simply amazing!!!

I was greatly surprised by this restaurant and I'll be happy to come back!!!

Reviewed November 5, 2016 via mobile

This was one of the best restaurants in Costa Rica, receantly I went with my husband and ordered seasonal burger, I can tell you it was a greasy not tasty burger. The service was very bad, the shortened the menu, the decoration is the same old and boring one. Do not recommend it at all.

Ricardo W, Propietario at Restaurante La Cascada, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2016

Hello mcorcar!
Before all, thank you for your opinion, and letting us know that you didn´t had a good experience in our restaurant, and let me apologize for that. We always listen carefully our customers with good advices and also critics on what we have to do, so we can be better every day.
I´m sorry that you didn´t enjoy your burger, we received an award for our burger yesterday (best performance and judges choice) along 19 of the best restaurants in San José, so I don´t know what went wrong.
I´m also concerned about you receiveng a service described as very bad and I´m sorry you did not like our new environment, because we made a remodeling work 9 months ago.
I´m sending you a private message, so you can tell me more, and I promise you, taht personally, I will fix any problem you are not satisfied with.
As I said, our customers go first, and I hope you change your mind recomending our restaurant, after you give us another chance.
Have a great day, and please reply to my private message, so we can talk.
Thank you!

Reviewed October 24, 2016 via mobile

Famous for their palmito (hearts of palm) salad. Perhaps the best lobster in the Central Valley. Shrimp the size of Donald trump's hands. Great selection of steaks. They bring them out on a cart so you can pick the ones you want. Delicious.

Reviewed September 12, 2016 via mobile

Every time I go to San Jose I like to stop by La Cascada for a good steak with rice, beans and platano maduro. The foods takes me back to my childhood years.