All reviews costa rica pool area air conditioning nice pool common areas restaurant staff stayed here for nights hot shower clean rooms would stay here again central america convenient location taxi supermarket
Reviewed December 30, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights on the start of our CR holidays and everything was good. Hotel is located in a rural area with a ATM & small supermarket around the corner (very convenient). To walk to SJO city centre it’s 30-40 min and the ride by taxi 10 min(cost 3000 collones). It is a quiet place and we enjoyed being here after busy city visits. It has a very nice pool area with the bar/Bistro next to it - breakfast is served there, too. We liked the breakfast with fruits, the typical CR rice with beans, scrambled eggs and some bread, cakes, jams, cheese, Joghurt - everything was there to start your day. You can have dinner at the bistro which has fantastic salads ( recommended ) and some pizza, sandwich, potato dishes which are ok. We only had good experience with the staff - they all understand english. Very helpful was the lady at the reception with Tipps, maps etc. The room was spacious with 2 queen beds, clean, the bathroom ok ( of course some moldy corners in the shower) but honestly this is not a brand new 5 star hotel in Europe but a good hotel in Central America. We would stay here again.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed December 2, 2017 via mobile

Clean functional rooms, with a great complimentary breakfast. Close to a handful of supermarkets and soda restaurants. Around a 40 minute walk from downtown San Jose.

There isn’t a great deal to see/do around the area, but it is good place to spend a first night in Costa Rica before moving on to a new part of the country. Room was a little noisy at night time with noise from other guests.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed my time here. The pool area is most definitely the highlight, it's lovely and clean and catches sunlight wonderfully. The staff are also great. The hotel area (corridors and rooms) etc. do need a bit of a spruce up (white walls with scuff marks) but overall they were pretty nice. The shower is awesome! Breakfast was pretty good too!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed August 29, 2017

There is much to like about this hotel. The location is good and the pool area is nice. The small restaurant does a good breakfast and the food at other times I found to be decent and served promptly. All of which gets a thumbs up.
The fixtures and fittings in the rooms are okay and there was plenty of hot water, good quality towels.
The service all round was good, I found reception and the restaurant staff to be really friendly and helpful.
But the hotel is let down by the rooms, which are dark and dingy. I stayed twice at the start and end of a trip and on both occasions had ground floor rooms, once at the back of the building and once at the front.
The first room I think was 110, and this featured in another persons review as being of a poor standard. I can happily say that the KC hotel seem to have responded to that review as the rooms was of a decent standard, good bed, good bathroom, looked like it had bee decorated recently BUT, the room looks out onto a cement rendered wall, literally about 2 ft from the window. As such the room receives absolutely no natural light at all. The rooms was dark and oppressive at all times of the day, and I needed the light on even when it was blue sky and scorching sunshine outside. Outside the window, in the tiny alley between my window and the wall there was rubbish strewn about providing a horrible outlook. As the room never receives any sunlight or natural day light it also smelt damp (which is common in this part of the world but getting fresh air and sun alleviates this somewhat.) At the front, can't remember the room number there was a hedge (perhaps for privacy) that was higher than the window, again just a couple of feet from the window, again blocking all daylight and sunlight. As a result this room had the same problem, dark, oppressive, light had to be on all the time, and it smelt damp.
As a suggestion for the KC hotel, room 110 and all rooms facing the wall could be improved massively by getting a local artist to paint a brightly coloured mural on the wall, this would bring interest to the room and brighten it up a bit, and also ensure there is no rubbish outside the window. Improve the lighting in these rooms so there is more in the way of situational lighting, bedside lamps, desk lamps, a floor lamp etc so that the guests can play around with the lighting to get an ambience they like. At the front cut down the hedges and invest in blinds or shutters, or a light curtain for when guests want privacy.
Natural day light in rooms and being able to look out onto whatever view the room has is incredibly important to me and as the lack of daylight had an overpowering effect on the rooms and me I have only awarded 3 stars. If the rooms had natural daylight it would be 4 .
I didn't ask to be moved as I was only there for 1 night at a time, had I been there for longer I would have asked for a room on the first floor.
I would still give this hotel a go, just ask for rooms on the first floor if you want to have natural daylight.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank LuigiBUk
Reviewed August 25, 2017

My experience was stellar!! I was alone having plastic surgery and everyone was SO helpful!! From Irene, Miguel, Walter, Estela, and Christine to name a few. There were many others but I don't have the names which I apologize. This will always be my go to hotel whenever I am in Costa Rica. Good job guys!!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo