San Jose Bike & Bites Ride

Book in advance
from
C$78.28
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Ways to Experience ChepeCletas Tours
from C$78.28
More Info
All reviews bike tour central market great tour highlights knowledge
Selected filters
Reviewed January 4, 2016

Our family booked a walking tour at the last minute with ChepeCletas. It was awesome. A perfect way to see the city and decide what areas you want to see more of on your own. Well Organized, bilingual, friendly, safe, etc. Great tour.

Date of experience: December 2015
Roberto G, Director General at ChepeCletas Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2016

Thank you for your comment Jennifer, we're very happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your walking experience in San Jose. Best wishes to you and your family!

Reviewed July 28, 2015

I found the people at ChepeCletas to be attentive and well-organized. I was met at the pre-ordained time for a one-person bicycling tour of San Jose, and my guide Charlie was more than capable. I enjoyed the trip!

Date of experience: July 2015
2  Thank chrisreedfilm
Reviewed July 7, 2015

We had Carla in San Jose, and I don't know what we would have done without her. Perfect way to start our time in that city, very knowledgeable, so much fun to spend time with. Carla, if you are reading this, you have an instant tour guide in us anytime you come to NY to visit!

Date of experience: July 2015
Reviewed March 14, 2015

I have been exploring San Jose an number of infinite times since the 1980's. While accompanying guests yesterday, I still managed to enjoy San Jose in another perspective. I was thrilled to realize how much the city has changed over recent years to become a delightful, more pedestrian friendly city. It is now one that I would recommend that visitors spend time discovering rather than to avoid as I had suggested in the patsy I would not have enjoyed this recent trip in SJ without the knowledge and delightful enthusiasm of our guide, Marie Jose. Bravo and thanks.

Date of experience: March 2015
2  Thank Willow456
Reviewed November 14, 2014

ChepeCletas – So there I was: no chance of catching the city tours available and with 6 hrs. to spare before heading to the airport. Luckily GoVisitCostaRica (they who planned my trip) had connections with the college-student based ChepeCletas (“Chepe” nickname in Spanish for José; “Cletas” abbreviation for “bicicletas”, bycicles).

This dynamic, well-informed and reliable group of students *luv* San José and promote their city via special events, social media and private tours. My guide, Maria José, squeezed two hours out of her schedule on a Thursday morning to walk me through little-known and hidden landmarks and sights. Further, she kindly arranged the transportation back to my hotel with a reliable and safe driver so that I could explore the Pre-Columbian museum for a couple of hours.

Highlights:
* Centro Nacional de la Cultura (vertical sun dial and “fábrica de licores” - rum and liquour cauldrons!)
* Edificio metálico (1896 building made of iron)
* Calle 0 0 – nacimiento de San José de la Boca del Monte (birthplace of the city of San José)
* Edificio de Correos (Post Office) – 1917 architecturally stunning building where beautiful stamps can be purchased for your postcards.
* Mercado Central (Central market) – 1880 historical and cultural heritage site where you can enjoy a “resbaladera” (barley and rice chilled drink flavored with cinnamon and sugar, purchased mine at “Puntarenas”)

Walk around “Chepe” as a native with the ChepeCletas!

Date of experience: October 2014
3  Thank Cathy_Civy
Roberto G, Director General at ChepeCletas Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2014

Thank you for your valuable comment Kathy, we are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us and it is great that you could visited Central Market, one of the best places to taste costa rican food and popular culture. I will let Maria Jose know about your comment. Thank you again and hope you can come back to San Jose in the future.