San Jose Bike & Bites Ride

Book in advance
from
US$43.00
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Ways to Experience ChepeCletas Tours
from US$43.00
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 13, 2017

I was a little bummed that they canceled my bike tour the night before, but went ahead with a walking tour the next day. It was totally worth it. I paid $35 (ended up tipping a little too) and went with Andres in a tour of the city. Andres was very knowledgeable about the history & culture of Costa Rica in the 20th century, and gave anecdotes of several of the builidngs we passed by.

He also bought me a coffee inside the Mercado Central and we even got a bargain on one of the souvenirs, per his recommendation. I learned a good amount in this 2-hour tour, and at the end he even waited with me to ensure that I got in my uber (traffic is pretty hectic around this area). Big props to Andres! I am only taking off 1 star because of the last-minute bike tour cancellation.

Date of experience: January 2017
Roberto G, Director General at ChepeCletas Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2017

Thank you very much for your review Ray. We're so sorry you couldn't experience our public weekly night bike tour in San Jose. We just moved to a new building and last week the building was closing to early so we couldn't take our bikes for rent out at night. We're glad that you could take our walking tour and we're very happy that you had a good experience walking around San Jose with Andrés.

Again, thank you very much for taking your time to write a review and thank you for choosing ChepeCletas. Best!

Reviewed December 27, 2016

We met Maria Jose in front of the Teatro Nacional at 9 am. She was right on time. She led us around central San Jose pointing out historical and interesting landmarks and points of interest. While she denied it, her English was better than some people I know in the States. The 2 hours flew by and I'll bet that if we had twice that she could have filled that with equally as interesting things to see. I made my reservation via email and the folks at Chepecletas were efficient with their quick replies. My mom lives in San Jose and is looking forward to taking more tours with this company and I will be using them in the future as well.

Date of experience: December 2016
1  Thank Jim F
Roberto G, Director General at ChepeCletas Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2017

Hello Jim, thank you for taking your time to share your experience. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience walking the city with us. Thank you for being part of our experiences. All the best in this 2017, Roberto

Reviewed June 3, 2016 via mobile

We arranged this at the last minute and were happy that we were given Carla an interesting, educated and informative young guide. We learnt about the history of Costa Rica and how it was reflected in the architecture. The tour culminated in a tasting session in Soda Tala in the central market which was delicious and filling so don't have a big breakfast before this tour.

Date of experience: June 2016
Roberto G, Director General at ChepeCletas Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2016

Hello, thank you so much for taking your time to write a review. We're really happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience in San Jose. Thank you so much for your review. All the best!

Reviewed March 10, 2016

The tour is amazing. I am costarican and had never seen my city nor learned about it in such a way that I ended up admiring and loving it. The concept is simple, you walk around several important places, listening and learning. I fell in love with my city. I totally recommend it, if you are a national or a visitor. Is a must!

Date of experience: April 2015
Reviewed March 8, 2016

After a delayed start due to an accident our bike tour turned into a walking tour which was amazing. We wandered through areas we would never have found, learning much of the early history of San Jose and visiting some of the more interesting galleries. Loved that our guide Jose realized our interests and took us to places off the usual tour itineraries. Highly recommended

Date of experience: February 2016