San Jose Bike & Bites Ride

Book in advance
from
US$43.00
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Ways to Experience ChepeCletas Tours
from US$43.00
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 4, 2017

The tour we went was fun, pleasant and very educational. Our guide was very knowledgeable and the staff was friendly and helpful. It is nice to be with a group of people who just want to enjoy the beauty of the season, learn and share a nice picnic at the end:) If you want to know a bit more this beautiful country in a relaxed and interesting way, you have to try those tours!

Date of experience: April 2017
Reviewed January 22, 2017

We had an afternoon for a tour of San Jose prior to joining a group tour, so we hired ChepeCletas for a walking tour downtown (including a visit to the Central Market and food-tasting). Our guide, Carla, was a delightful young woman who shared many interesting tidbits about the history of San Jose, the architecture of the buildings, the workings of the government, and the culture as a whole. We very much enjoyed the tour and recommend ChepeCletas to others wishing to get to know a bit about San Jose and Costa Rica.

Date of experience: January 2017
Roberto G, Director General at ChepeCletas Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2017

Hello Sue, and thank you for your great review. We're very happy to hear that you enjoyed the walk with Carla. We really appreciate your time to write your review. Best! Roberto

Reviewed January 13, 2017

I was a little bummed that they canceled my bike tour the night before, but went ahead with a walking tour the next day. It was totally worth it. I paid $35 (ended up tipping a little too) and went with Andres in a tour of the city. Andres was very knowledgeable about the history & culture of Costa Rica in the 20th century, and gave anecdotes of several of the builidngs we passed by.

He also bought me a coffee inside the Mercado Central and we even got a bargain on one of the souvenirs, per his recommendation. I learned a good amount in this 2-hour tour, and at the end he even waited with me to ensure that I got in my uber (traffic is pretty hectic around this area). Big props to Andres! I am only taking off 1 star because of the last-minute bike tour cancellation.

Date of experience: January 2017
Roberto G, Director General at ChepeCletas Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2017

Thank you very much for your review Ray. We're so sorry you couldn't experience our public weekly night bike tour in San Jose. We just moved to a new building and last week the building was closing to early so we couldn't take our bikes for rent out at night. We're glad that you could take our walking tour and we're very happy that you had a good experience walking around San Jose with Andrés.

Again, thank you very much for taking your time to write a review and thank you for choosing ChepeCletas. Best!

Reviewed December 27, 2016

We met Maria Jose in front of the Teatro Nacional at 9 am. She was right on time. She led us around central San Jose pointing out historical and interesting landmarks and points of interest. While she denied it, her English was better than some people I know in the States. The 2 hours flew by and I'll bet that if we had twice that she could have filled that with equally as interesting things to see. I made my reservation via email and the folks at Chepecletas were efficient with their quick replies. My mom lives in San Jose and is looking forward to taking more tours with this company and I will be using them in the future as well.

Date of experience: December 2016
1  Thank Jim F
Roberto G, Director General at ChepeCletas Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2017

Hello Jim, thank you for taking your time to share your experience. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience walking the city with us. Thank you for being part of our experiences. All the best in this 2017, Roberto

Reviewed June 3, 2016 via mobile

We arranged this at the last minute and were happy that we were given Carla an interesting, educated and informative young guide. We learnt about the history of Costa Rica and how it was reflected in the architecture. The tour culminated in a tasting session in Soda Tala in the central market which was delicious and filling so don't have a big breakfast before this tour.

Date of experience: June 2016
Roberto G, Director General at ChepeCletas Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2016

Hello, thank you so much for taking your time to write a review. We're really happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience in San Jose. Thank you so much for your review. All the best!