“Won NOT using Costa Rica Tours”

Costa Rica Day Tours
Ranked #66 of 95 Tours in San Jose
More attraction details
Owner description: We are tour specialists offering excursions and activities to every type of traveler at discounted prices. Whether you're interested in general public tours or tailor made excursions, we are the best option for your vacation needs!
Reviewed 23 September 2015

The problem with Costa Rica Tours is that they are not the tour company. They just book tours for you. And that is a problem because they use one very unsafe tour company. Go South Adventure Tours. Now that is just one name this tour company uses. They use several names to hide who they real are. So ask your vendor who he/she is booking you with. I know for sure they use them for most of the boat activities. And this is bad because their boats are totally unsafe. And unlike other safer companies they have chosen to ignore the Chambers safety regulations.

1  Thank Youngsabroad

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We arranged a Jet-Ski rental with The Real Deal Tours Costa Rica, who contract with a local Operator in the Papagayo Peninsula, Costa Rica area. Real Deal Tours was was efficient and accommodating in the planning and preparation of the reservation. Their email correspondence was timely and clear. Prior to our trip, I was confident with all necessary paperwork and details.

However, execution is at least 50%, if not everything. The Operator (Tours Papagayo) that The Real Deals Tours Costa Rica had contracted with, did not reflect The Real Deal Tours Costa Rica. Tours Papagayo WAS TERRIBLE.

After contacting The Real Deal Tours Costa Rica reflecting our experience, they were accommodating and provided some restitution.

Based on preparation and follow-up, I would rate The Real Deal Tours Costa Rica as EXCELLENT, however execution was an overwhelming Negative.
At the rental conclusion, we had a good time. However on site, the "crap" I had to put up with, with Tours Papagayo did not reflect the money that I was putting out.

My advice to inquire with The Real Deal Tours Costa Rica as to which Operator they may be contracting with. Check out the Operator separately if possible.

If possible request that The Real Deal Tours take greater responsibility in the execution, offer a larger deposit to Real Deals vs. payment to the Operator.

3  Thank JimHassard
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We took the Costa Rica day tour instead of the tour offered by our ship. The cost was much less and we saw our fellow cruisers at the park. Our tour included a lunch and we were in a small group. The tour was exactly as advertised and we had a wonderful time. Our guide was very knowledgeable and we enjoyed our hike to the waterfall (some of the people on the ship's tour did not see the waterfall at all). We were transported in a small bus (there were only 8 of us) and the road was very bumpy, but imagine it would be the same or worse on a large tour bus.
We would recommend this tour!

2  Thank Bailey144
Tasha R, Manager at Costa Rica Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review about your tour. We also appreciate you noting the difference between cruise ship tour costs vs. off ship. We hope you will visit again and spread the word about how beautiful Costa Rica is.

Best regards,
The Real Deal team.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Irazu volcano, one day tour were great! Air tram a bit pricy. Hard to take pictures if sharing the tram with others. Try to sit in the front seat if sharing. Boat tour was very enjoyable. Relaxing. Food at the private home was excellent.
Great place to visit. Not yet commercialized. So you do feel you are in a different country. People are polite, friendly and greet with a smile.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

Costa Rica is simply an amazing place. Even tough I was by myself I had the opportunity to experience an incredible adventure and had the best time of my life.
On my first day I booked the Volcano Poas, hiked trough the cloudy forest and saw the volcano smoking at 2,574 meters high amazing view great time.

Rafting at Savegre River in Manuel Antonio just blowed my mind. It was a total rush and the crew was so fun and real, very experienced crew which totally made me felt safe, learned a lot about their country and i had a butterfly drinking water out my forehead!!!

I will be back for sure and all I have to say is I am really impressed with the exceptional customer service. Ever since I got back I haven´t been able to stop talking about it to all my friends and family.

2  Thank jimena c
TheRealDealTours, Gerente at Costa Rica Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2013

Thank you very much for your great review! Your recommendation is truly our your recomendation is trutly our best publicity.
We are so happy to have been part of your amazing experience in our country.
We hope to hear back from you again soon.
The Real Deal TEAM.