US$110
US$82
US$96
US$94
Park Inn
Barcelo San Jose(San Jose)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$116
US$81
Balmoral Hotel(San Jose)
US$87
US$80
US$100
US$82
Hotel Santo Tomas(San Jose)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$62
US$60
  • Breakfast included
Casa Lima B & B(San Jose)(Great Value!)
US$40
US$32
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$37/night.

TripOn Open House(San Jose)(Great Value!)
US$40
US$32
1,918 results
All reviewsbeautiful hotelgarden suitevictorian mansionrooftop jacuzzione nightcosta ricaboutique hotelour honeymoonopen courtyardlast nightlovely rooman oasisnext morningstandard roomwould highly recommend this hotelsmall hotellong flight
Reviewed July 7, 2010

I made a last minute decision to stay at the Grano de Oro the night before my flight. It was the best decision I could have made!

I called the day before I needed the room and spoke with Marco. I asked him for the prices for each room and then I told him I wanted a room with air conditioning. He informed me that they were in the process of renovating all the rooms to have air conditioning, but only 10 of the rooms had it and that he would upgrade me at no charge to one of the rooms that had ac. I was given a Deluxe King room for the standard price.

Once I got to the hotel, they had someone immediately take my luggage to the room and explain how everything worked in the room. The room was beautiful. I had an amazing view of the mountains, a flat screen tv, dimmer lights and a jacuzzi tub which I took advantage of.

I had dinner in the hotel restaurant and the entire wait staff was accommodating. Based on reviews here, I decided to try the Passion fruit margarita and it did not dissapoint! It was delicious. I also had a salad with macadamia nuts, gorgonzola cheese and blackberries, seabass and the tres leches cake. Everything I had tasted great and breakfast the next morning was just a great.

I also had a last minute need in the middle of the night and they had someone get the items I needed and bring them to my room.

The jacuzzi on the roof top is really nice and I got to relax there for a bit.

I had absolutely no problems with getting a taxi to the airport. I stopped by the front desk in the morning and told them the time I needed to be picked up. They asked if I would like to charge it to the room or pay for it directly. When I came back downstairs the taxi was waiting for me and I made it to the airport on a Monday morning in less than 20 minutes.

The only complaint I could say I have is that I had asked for a wake up call and they did not call. I did set the alarm on my phone just in case, so it wasn't that big of a deal.

I would definitely stay here again. The food and the service are top notch.

Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed July 7, 2010

I've been meaning to write this review for six + months now - I am a student and didn't have time! However, my experience here was so good, that I felt I needed to say something about it.

As many who travel to Costa Rica know, there is not a lot to do in Jan Jose as a tourist. We stayed here twice on our trip and therefore I can say that their service is very consistent. The first night we had traveled from Chicago and were very tired, the hotel staff picked up on this and recommended a massage. The other thing I liked about this hotel is that they recommended several restaurants in the area, despite having one on premise. We chose to stay on premise and were surprised to find the food to be amazing - surprised, because the staff weren't pushy about trying their restaurant.

We had a great relaxing massage AND they didn't try to force us to buy anything from their spa line, or make us feel bad for not wanting to book a second massage - HUGE PLUS IN MY BOOK - I hate when they do this. The one complaint I had was that my husband I could not get a massage at the same time - but it was a minor inconvenience.

The next day our bill was ready when we got downstairs. We happened to mention that we were checking in again in a few days, from the rain forest to our way to the Pacific side of the country. Upon hearing this the concierge mentioned that he would be happy to hold our bill and we could settle it all at once. That was great, because we ended up saving money on the international transactions!

The second time we arrived late, just in time for dinner. We opted to eat our meal at the restaurant, since we were tired and knew the food was going to be great. The following morning we were offered free coffee at their breakfast bar - which we appreciated.

The ambiance is also very pleasing. The hotel is very light and airy. It has a classic, old world feel. The restaurant has an open air courtyard, but there is also indoor seating options - we sat outside the whole time. Really this place just sneaks up on you in the city, the area it is in is nice, but this is just a gorgeous old world building. I believe it was a mansion, which was converted to a hotel. I highly recommend a night here, if you're in San Jose.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kvashi1
Reviewed June 23, 2010

Although this hotel is very nice looking, the staff mislead us about several items, including transportation arrangements from the hotel to the airport. Our cab driver confirmed this is a regular problem.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EquatorJoe
Management response:Responded July 10, 2010

We appreciate your comments and wondered if you would be kind enough to provide us with some details as to how you were mislead, especially regarding the transportation to the airport. With this information we would beable to avoid similiar problems with future guests. We can be contacted at info@hotelgranodeoro.com. Thank you very much.

Reviewed June 21, 2010

Tried and tried to get into this hotel for our last night in Costa Rica.... was finally able to get 3 rooms for my family. LOVED this hotel. Fun, quirky little place in the heart of San Jose. Didn't do anything outside of the hotel since we were heading back to the U.S. the next morning at 8am. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2010

What a beautiful hotel. Great dining area, outdoor garden feel, beautiful flowers, decorations. The staff is extremely helpful and accommodating. Nice quieter street but convenient to Paseo Colon, many rent a car places. About a 20 minute straight walk to downtown area, flat walk. Has two jacuzzis, nice atmosphere. Some rooms do not have air conditioning.

• Stayed: June 2010