We stayed at this gorgeous hotel for one night after arriving at SJO before we left for Arenal/La Fortuna the next morning. Here is a practical review of all of the info that I wanted before I left. Hope this helps everyone!
1. We stayed Room #8, and it was a gorgeous room! It is a a deluxe king room. This room was very spacious as was the bathroom. The bathroom had his and her sinks, beautiful countertops with plenty of space. It also included a large garden tub/shower. The bed was very comfortable, and we had a great night's sleep in our very quiet room.
2. Access to town-You can defintely walk to the main downtown area (Museo del banco, Costa Rica bank, Mama's Place, market area). It was a 10-15 min walk on sidewalks, and we felt fairly safe in the daytime. The hotel will provide you with umbrellas if needed to take on your walk.
3. Exchage of money-The hotel will gladly exchange your dollars for colones for you at the front desk for the going rate we found on the internet.
4. Restaurant-We ate breakfast and dinner there, and both were great! I would highly recommend it.
We loved Hotel Grano de Oro! The staff was very friendly and helpful. They gave us directions and answered our every question.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A converted Tropical Victorian mansion, the Grano de Oro Boutique hotel offers the warmth and comfort of staying in a private home with all the amenities of a Luxury hotel. Service is paramount and the always smiling staff welcomes guests to their “home away from home” time and again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Grano de Oro San Jose reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Grano De Oro
- Grano De Oro San Jose