Colours Oasis Resort
Hotels.com
US$62
US$59
  • Breakfast included
Hostel Casa Colon(San Jose)(Great Value!)
US$46
US$45
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgay travelersgay friendly hotelcosta ricahome away from homenice poolsmall hotelmanuel antonioairportdowntownguesthouse
Reviewed 29 January 2012

Just visited Costa Rica for a few weeks and really enjoyed my stay at Colours. The staff is extremely friendly, had a very charming room and I can advise the good food. The bar was a ideal place to meet a lot of other nice and interesting guests.
Don't look any further ... this is the ideal place to stay !

For the dutch-speaking reader : een echte aanrader !

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Rudi3000
Reviewed 25 January 2012

We recently spent a night at Colours on our way to the Osa Peninsula. The staff was very pleasant, the rooms cozy, and we greatly enjoyed meeting the other guests at the hotel. Several of us sat at the bar and chatted, then had dinner together at a local restaurant. The bartender, cook and hotel staff are all great. This hotel is located in a rather busy location, so if you have issues with some traffic noise take note. Also, the rooms are quirky and fun, not high-end hotel style rooms with granite and marble. Overall a nice experience we would definitely repeat.

Room Tip: We had one of the rooms with kitchenette which appeared much larger than some of the others.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Kellysells
Reviewed 6 November 2011

I booked our stay here twice on hotels.com - and insisted/confirmed that there be two beds since I was traveling with a friend. When we arrived, they showed us to a room with a queen bed and a futon sofa. I was not happy with this - fortunately, the staff (who is very nice) upgraded us both times. I don't know if this would have happened during "high" season (we traveled "off" season). The jacuzzi was always tepid - yuck! The place is cute and eccentric - all the rooms are very different, but nice enough. I recommend eating at Jettsi's (sp?) just around the corner - wonderful fried chicken!
The staff will take care of you if they can - trust them for taxis, etc.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Michael R
Reviewed 12 October 2011

I stayed here for 3 nights and had a wonderful time. The staff was most helpful and the room was very clean and charming. This is a great place to hunker down when flying in late or leaving early out of San Jose or for a nice place to stay in and explore the city of San Jose. The hotel is located on the west side the city and is a short cab ride to many attractrions, bars and resturant. Breakfast includes coffee, fresh orange juice, freash fruit, cereal, toast and eggs of any style. They have a nice cozy bar to hangout, have drinks and just chill. Also the hotel staff will help arrange about any type of tour that you desire. During my stay the hotel help assist and set up a white water rafting tour and had the time of my life. The tour company picked me up at the hotel and transfered me back to my hotel after the rafting tour was over.
I will return to Costa Rica and plan to stay her at the Colour Oasis in the future. Thank you Colours for making my first trip to Costa Rica a trip that I will never forget!!!

Room Tip: I don't think you will go wrong with any of the room choices. I took a peek at several rooms and they all seemed to have lot of charm.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Jeff G
Reviewed 6 October 2011

My husband & I stayed there in a recent trip to Costa Rica. The room was very cramped - the king bed basically taking up most of the bedroom. The step-down shower was very slippery due to the tile; almost hurt myself. Shower was old & mil-dewy. Just don't expect much from a room point of view. This place was "converted" from like 3 houses (as it was explained to us by the owner, James). The window in our room had no actual glass (only a blind) on it and was open to an adjacent room that had only Styrofoam blocking the window. That was fine the 1st night after a late arrival since nobody was there. But the 2nd night 2 lesbians checked in and were up chatting until like 1 AM with total disregard to neighboring rooms .. it made for tough sleeping. The "included" breakfast was the typical stuff and was made to order (eggs, fruit, pancakes, juice, coffee etc.). The front desk guy who was also the acting waiter/bartender (can't recall his name) had no clue how to make a Martini -- and all alcohol is "measured" .. so very expensive for what you get. So stick to Beer. The central area of the place next to the pool made for nice socializing and we met some really nice guys over the 2 nights. All in all a decent enough place to stay if you're held over in San Jose during a trip.

Room Tip: Check your room first to make sure any windows in the room have GLASS in them.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple