All reviews costa rica los yoses san pedro mall the hotel staff minute walk to downtown charming hotel breakfast included neighborhood tropical tours
Reviewed February 1, 2018 via mobile

Hotel bergerac is a great place to stay if your in the city of San Jose. It has a nice garden vibe, very friendly staff and is located within walking distance of the city centre. The room was big and clean and wel maintained by housekeeping. The only drawback was the noise of (I think) the trainhorn which was pretty loud but I think the whole extended neighbourhood will have the same issues with it. Nonetheless a great stay so 4 stars from us.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank maartendg85
Reviewed January 31, 2018

Charming reasonably priced hotel. Stayed in 2 diferent rooms and both were well presented with access to small tropical gardens. Good bathrooms, large TV's, clean and pleasant, but no bar fridge in either room.
Front desk staff spoke English and arranged day tours for me. They are friendly and helpful. Restaurant okay, decent though unremarkable meals, small bar with jovial staff speaking passable English. Starbucks is right next door and the main shopping plaza very close.
I quite enjoyed my stay here and recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Sally W
Reviewed January 16, 2018

I guess you get what you pay for. Basic room. Only one English speaking TV channel I could find.
Pluses: Quiet. Nice area. Walking distance to city centre if fit...3km or so. Breakfast ok.Free wifi.
Minuses: Taxi booked from airport not there (although we had 3.5 hrs hold up at immigration so wouldn't blame them if they left!) Reception got my name wrong twice. They tried to charge us for breakfast when it was included in our package.The room needed a spruce up.
Booked with Intrepid and if this is their standard of hotel, i'm not sure it's for me.
Personally I'd pay a bit more for a better hotel but fine if you are on a budget.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Bungy81
Reviewed January 6, 2018 via mobile

Came here a couple of years ago, thought it decent. This visit it’s clear the maintenance and cleaning is gone to hell.
Dirty curtains, lampshades, stained pillows covers and missing or damaged items in the room

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KeanM
Reviewed January 2, 2018 via mobile

We were supposed to stay here in 3 separate rooms for 3 nights but we were told on arrival that they only had 2 rooms available because the third room had a flooding problem and wouldn’t be fixed on time. Two of us had to share a room for one night and then we all had to change hotels the next day. This was disappointing and a bit of extra hassle as we ended up at a different hotel on the other side of the city. The room itself was spacious and fairly comfortable though. We had drinks in the bar where happy hour was supposed to be from 5pm to 7pm but the barman didn’t turn up until about 5.30pm. Whilst he was apologetic the service was terribly slow and took about 30 minutes to get a cocktail. I found the reception staff to be quite abrupt and not the friendliest and got quite a rude call in the morning at 11.30am telling me I was late leaving the room even though I had been told by the previous receptionist that check out was 12pm. Overall a pretty disappointing experience.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends