This is a nice(ish) B&B but it has the following problems:
1. The owners seem to have different ideas about what needs to be done to accomplish things. They stuffed up our reservation, stuffed up tours and could not work out how to book various things or whether we needed to pay them in cash or card. At one point they paid themselves for a tour and then asked for extra money. It made Fawlty Towers look sophiticated at times.
2. The place is very much a B&B. You have to ring a bell to get into the property and sometimes it is not answered for several minutes.
Apart from this the property is nice. It is a bit overpriced to be honest but then so is Costa Rica overall.
The free breakfast is good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This hotel in a most historical important home of the old coffee families of Costa Rica. This hotel will enchant you with its historical well maintained style and today's comfort. In the city center near to airport and buses and just a 10 minute walk to the central market. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your La Rosa del Paseo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.