Lowest prices for your stay
US$101
Free cancellation until 23-02-11
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$101
Free cancellation until 23-02-11
Agoda.com
US$84
Hotels.comUS$101
TravelocityUS$101
Vio.comUS$101
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed March 23, 2021

About a five minute walk from the center of town, this place was perfect for me. My room had a nice little balcony overlooking a quiet street. A wonderfully appointed bar and restaurant was perfect for a nice evening cocktail or full-on meal.

Date of stay: April 2020
Angie Rivas, Director General at Hotel Dunn Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2022

Good evening. Thank you very much for choosing us as your place to stay in San José, and taking the time to share your experience with us!

Hope to welcome you back in a near future,

Best Regards!

Reviewed January 3, 2020 via mobile

Do not stay in room #27. It is very old and smelly. It had two windows facing the street. It is easy for people to climp in fr ok m the street. We requested to change the room. The inside and upstair rooms are must nicer.
Overall, it is two or three star hotel. You can ask much for it.
Our tour is including this hotel in our packsge.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank M8978UHthomasn
Reviewed September 4, 2019

We (a family of three) spent our first and last nights in this charming , modestly appointed, period hotel in the historic quarter of Barrio Amon. The rooms have a strong period feel to them but do vary in size and amenities. A very basic breakfast for those on the B&B package is provided by a cafe, not part of the hotel but attached to it. No other meals are provided. The staff are lovely and very helpful. The hotel is a 20-minute walk to the National Theatre area of town. Plenty of decent restaurants for dinner can be found within easy walking distance. Overall, no complaints.

Room tip: Try and get one of the more spacious rooms on the first floor.
Date of stay: August 2019
Laura B, General Manager at Hotel Dunn Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2019

Thank you for choosing our hotel as your place to stay in San Jose. Your comments help us to improve the services we offer to our clients. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed August 14, 2019

A few nights were spent at this quirky but sweet older hotel to begin and end a GAdventures tour in April 2019.
Considering that its name (as in “done in!”) seemed a forewarning about the accommodations, I was delighted to find that the Dunn Inn far-surpassed my expectations.
My room was recently renovated, comfortable and clean – its only drawback being the view of the outside opposite wall, a small matter. A good selection of cable stations are available and a computer sits downstairs for the guests’ convenience.
I didn’t use the lounge by the front desk but enjoyed meals in the bar/dining area, next door. This area is open, bright and cute actually, with playful bird motifs adorning the wallpaper and furniture. I found the breakfasts tended to be simple and plain, and coffee arrives in a rustic tin cup. However, dinners were ample and very good and, I thought, better value. Prices are competitive, in general. Our bartender doubled as head waiter and was professional and courteous, as were other staff members. Some travellers believe that Ticos appear to be aloof but, even if that is the case elsewhere, the staff at the Dunn Inn was always personable and conversant. (I was especially pleased that I was remembered after a two and a half-week absence, and treated like a friend).
One evening when I struggled to call home, via the hotel, desk staff was especially helpful (I’m a dinosaur when it comes to using devices).
The Dunn Inn is situated in an older section of San José but within a short walk to attractions, bakeries, restaurants, and shopping. I was warned to not go sight-seeing alone, either early in the morning or after dark but went out without incident during all daylight hours, ..I was later told by others that evenings are for the ‘adventurous’.
If I travel again to San José, I will definitely return to this hotel with its lovely staff.
TIP: Unless your digestive system is made of cast iron, don’t order the ‘salsa picante’ in the restaurant – it’s the hottest thing I’ve ever eaten (and briefest)!!

Room tip: Ask for one of the newer rooms.
Date of stay: April 2019
1  Thank Linda A
Laura B, General Manager at Hotel Dunn Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write to us about your April stay at our hotel. The Dunn Inn hotel was a 1929 mansion in San Jose. Over the years it has been renovated to offer quality services to our customers without losing the identity of the original building. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and the services of the restaurant. The staff working for the hotel is characterized for providing friendly service. We look forward to serving you in a future visit to Costa Rica.

Reviewed April 30, 2019

Situated in a nice area of town. Very nice building. Lovely friendly staff. Very accommodating. I arrived with a mobility scooter and was shown to the most accessible room behind reception. Chair lift by door may not work as a member of staff always carried it in/out (4/5 steps I think)

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank PaddyWacks
Laura B, General Manager at Hotel Dunn Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2019

Thank you for choosing our hotel as your place to stay in San Jose. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. The chair lift is working fine. I'm sorry if there was a misunderstanding. Thank you again for your preference. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.