I stayed here at the beginning and end of my group tour, booked myself after doing some research. And I am glad I did, as opposed to staying at the hotel that was at the start of my tour because Apartotel La Sabana was 100x better.
The hotel --
- The complimentary breakfast was amazing. The ladies who cook and serve the breakfast were so great: their gallo pinto was delicious. Pancakes, delicious. Everything, delicious. The juice options were also a good variety with even a mango juice. There's even yogurt and cereals. Loved the breakfasts I had here.
- Filtered water available. Because on this trip I brought a water bottle, I was able to keep filling up my bottle with the water at the hotel and that was much appreciated.
- Clean rooms. Also nice that there was a refrigerator in the room. There was also an old school AC in the window but I never used it because it was cooler weather while I was there. I also liked that there was recycling in the room (I'm big on reducing/reusing/recycling).
- The bathroom's shower had a shallow edge around it and a curtain that went around the shower in the corner. Because of the set up, it was easy for water to spray out while showering as the curtain didn't really 100% contain the water so after a shower, I often found a little puddle outside of the shower area.
- Complimentary airport shuttle is an awesome perk. I didn't have to worry about booking myself an Interbus or getting ripped off by a taxi driver or anything. And I came late at night so it was really great to just get out of the airport, find someone with a sign with my name on it an then go with them (but it's a shared van service so you have to wait until all the parties are accounted for and in the van).
- The pool area is really nice. I didn't swim but I found it relaxing to lounge by the pool, listening to the waterfall sounds and enjoying the weather. There are also towels by the pool for use which I didn't realize at first.
The location --
This was perfect for me because it was near the joining hotel for my tour. So it worked for me on that front. Around the area, there's not that much to do within walking distance other than going to the park across the street. But there are a few restaurants nearby that are walkable. I ended up going to Rosti Pollos right around the corner twice on my stay. I walked around the area to explore and there's not much shopping or sight-seeing options but there is a museum by the park. So really, I ended up spending most of my time walking around the park and hanging by the hotel pool.
All in all, if you are starting your Costa Rica trip in San Jose, I highly recommend going to Apartotel La Sabana. Definitely a LOT better than similar priced hotels in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Apartotel La Sabana is the perfect mix between an apartment and a hotel.Our fully serviced apartments are the ideal lodging with the comfort of home yet with all the benefits of a hotel, such as room service, front desk services, private parking, laundry, safe deposit box, breakfast and more.We have very competitive rates, specially for long-stay trips either for a single corporate business traveler, for family groups or groups of friends.Enjoy all the privacy that you need with great independence in a friendly environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca and Agoda so you can book your Apartotel La Sabana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apartotel La Sabana Hotel San Jose
- Apartotel La Sabana San Jose