Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$119
Hotels.comUS$120
PricelineUS$119
TravelocityUS$120
TripadvisorUS$119
ZenHotels.com
All reviews the hotel manager the general manager roulette bugs costa cab
Selected filters
Reviewed July 7, 2021

I so enjoy coming to the Taormino and being in a luxurious room with a king bed, nice furniture , great coffee maker, endless hot showers , big views of the city ,
and generally very quiet atmosphere up on the fourth floor.
This in contrast to living out on my farm in Southern Costa Rica or staying at modest hotels in beach towns and other tourist spots where things are decent but always a little simple. The Taormino feels modern and brings me back to civilization.
The neighborhood is Barrio Amon and has a lot of colorful architecture and nice buildings from the last century . Very nearby is the zoo and several hectares of old forest right in the middle of the city . Exploring on foot is nice and felt quite safe to me in the daytime.
Ten blocks away and your in the heart of downtown with the big pedestrian streets and various tourist destinations : The Gold Museum , The Theatre , etc.
I dont do casinos but they do have a small one there with lots of games.and the food looks really good there. The bar at the casino is populated with ladies of the night if you are looking for company.
There is a professional massage service during the day that can come to your room for a very reasonable price : $40-$60 for an hour plus.
The restaraunt -cafe is nice and totally open to the street which can be noisy at times.
Its a nice hotel and strategically located for tourism.

Room tip: 4th floor has some views.
Date of stay: June 2021
Reviewed April 30, 2021

What a negative experience! We chose to stay at Taormina hotel after disregarding several comparable hotels because they advertised on location Covid testing assistance within 24 hours. It was extremely important for us to get this test in this timeframe to be able to make our flight. Upon arrival right away we found out that the testing wouldn’t be at the hotel because it was a weekend and the staff created doubt as to whether it would be done within the 24 hour timeframe. None of this was disclosed to us and was the exact opposite of what they advertised. In the morning we asked reception again for the timeframe and assistance, we got no help and a very defensive demeanour. When calling the clinic ourselves we were told that they could not do it within 24 hours. This news created so much stress for us all because we had relied on the information that the hotel blatantly advertised. We had to undertake extreme and expensive measures to make sure we could still get a test done elsewhere on time to make our flight. The hotel offered no assistance. Besides the deceitfulness of the hotel the staff also lied to cover up and tried to shift the blame to us. However, overall I think the worst part was just the total and complete lack of empathy. They made it clear that had we not made our flight we could expect no help, compensation or even a sliver of recognition of their part in our situation.
Besides the unfriendly reception staff the hotel has a strange atmosphere and transforms into a sex tourism destination in the evenings. And finally the cherry on top 'the free' breakfast is 2 slices of toast and some fruit. Thinking back of my stay I am still baffled by the treatment we received at this hotel. I would strongly recommend that you NEVER STAY HERE and seek out a hotel were you are not lied to and treated like a customer with some form of mutual respect.

Date of stay: April 2021
1  Thank Ana4210
Reviewed March 2, 2021 via mobile

Stayed at Taormina for 5 nights during my Costa Rica trip. The pros: location and friendly service. The cons: noisy (it has a casino + other stuff lol), worn out rooms, unstable internet and mediocre breakfast (stayed at Park Inn before for the same $ amount and their breakfast is really great).

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank EugeneL_NYC
Reviewed November 17, 2020 via mobile

This casino and bar is nice, but with Costa Rican rules not allowing alcoholic drinks in casinos (which is crazy) makes the experience not as fun. However playing blackjack I actually won the most money here. It did use an automatic shuffler so be warned as it can make you either win big or lose big!!!! Good luck!
The bar is nice and some space, prices are higher than anywhere else I went so be prepared for extra double taxes which is crazy. But lots of females filling this bar with the Del Ray closed down!!
Enjoy!!!

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
5  Thank WillB334
Reviewed February 27, 2020 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel four times. The hotel is clean, safe, great Sports Bar awesome breakfast buffet. rooms are designed very well free parking, great menu in the restaurant. nice Casino. But most of all the people who work there are awesome from the front desk to the restaurant to the sports bar to the housekeeping staff and parking. on the rare occasions that I had a problem they went well above the line of duty to rectify the situation. Can't wait for my fifth trip

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank joseph732