“Fantastic Fun”

La Adelita
Ranked #640 of 842 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 21, 2018

La Adelita is a wonderful, wonderful place for friends & family. We celebrated a friends birthday and were looking for something with a great view. First - the margaritta's are great - finally a place with top shelf tequila. The hot sauce is seriously dangerous - it comes in a fantastic huge molcajete bowl ( the stone bowl with three legs) - respect the sauce, if you are a gringo (like me) be careful... The food was great - everything - of our party of 6 - everyone loved the food. If you like wine - try the Demuerte wine from Spain - I have never seen it, and we went crazy over it - now I need to drive there - just to load up on wine (for wine folks it is a mourvedre syrah blend - deep and brooding with a long finish). To top it off - the chef (owner I think) Jhona (like Jonah) - came out several times to check up on us - he provided us the wonderful little dessert of flavored ice & we had to play the "guess the flavor" game - it was fun - I lost - my wife is smarter than me (sigh).. . so we visit restaurants that deserve good fortune & this place really does! Visit & you will probably see us there -

Reviewed June 8, 2018 via mobile

We had a very nice dinner here during our visit to Escazu. The restaurant sits on the side of the hill looking out over Santa Ana.
The tacos were delicious and authentic Mexican style - we had tacos al pastor and steak. The “volcano” appetizers were really tasty.
Very friendly service and atmosphere with a cute kids room decorated with cute murals of Mexican El Chavo comedy tv show and cartoons.
Overall a very nice and relaxing place for dinner.

Reviewed May 19, 2018 via mobile

After two years living in San Jose, finally found a Mexican restaurant with the right vibe, great mexican flavors and one that I will repeat... great view of Santa Ana town is a plus ..

Reviewed October 18, 2017 via mobile

Adelita serves good authentic Mexican food. Wonderful views on Santa Ana. Excellent margarita made with natural ingredients. Would be a great place if they could get rid of the loud TV sets and the strange changing lights (red, green and blue) that nake all your dishes look grey.

1  Thank ochassot
Reviewed September 9, 2017

I was surprised by the negative reviews. We when we returned the second time, we were greeted warmly by the guy who had waited on us the previous visit.

Adelita is a casual Mexican restaurant with delicious food and a great view of the valley. The wait staff is friendly and fun. The decor is cute. We ate there a couple of time and always enjoyed it.

We have had fajitas, burritos, and tacos, and they were all good. I had an excellent Sangria too. Prices are reasonable too.