“Fresh Sushi in San Jose”
Review of Hibachi

Hibachi
Ranked #132 of 850 Restaurants in San Jose
Price range: US$4 - US$25
Cuisines: Japanese, Korean
Reviewed March 9, 2016

I ate here last week and sat at the sushi bar. I had a salad and sushi roll and both were excellent. My waiter was very attentive and spoke great English. The sushi chef seemed stressed out and not many people were in the restaurant. This is a good alternative to beans and rice when in San Jose.

Date of visit: March 2016

Reviewed February 1, 2016

My wife and I were looking for good sushi and a tasty miso soup and we came across Hibachi in Sabana norte. We entered the place to find authentic Korean and Japanese dishes at a great price. the service was done by locals but the owner, Kim Suk Jong, is a Korean expat who brings his home country to Costa Rica. The food was excellent and the service and price were good. Thank you Mr. Kim and your entire crew for making an evening of good oriental cuisine for my wife and I. keep it up!!!!!!

Date of visit: January 2016
Reviewed December 31, 2015 via mobile

We went to this restaurant on NYE as it was close to our hotel and well recommended on here.

Service was slow to start and we had to ask twice for one of our drinks. The menu is in Spanish so after a lot of googling I had some chicken with honey served with a separate bowl of rice. Is was ok but nothing spectacular.

My husband has chicken teriyaki, which he said was delicious. We shared a small portion of both our meals with our 3 year old who is new to this type of food. We had to ask twice for a plate to be brought and twice for a spoon.

We also ordered steamed dumplings which arrived after our mains and were cold.

With a beer each and an iced tea the bill was £40. We'd eaten in lots of different places and this was definitely the worst value for money. Such a shame as the interior is lovely.

Date of visit: January 2016
Teksu K, Propietario at Hibachi, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2016

Thank you for your visit! For us your opinion is of upmost importance since it helps us improve the quality of our food and service.

The English version of our menu is about ready to be unveiled to ensure the best quality service for all our clients. It will be available for the second week of January of 2016.

We are very sorry for the cold gyosas :(. We will make sure our chefs are aware of what happened so it won’t repeat itself. Our waiter will be more attentive next time as well.

Through this medium we would like to clarify a doubt we have about your post related to your receipt. The cost for dumplings, teriyaki chicken, Costa Rican Beer, iced tea come to 23.3 euros and not 40. We would like a reply if you would in regards to this matter. We would appreciate it.

Thank you again and we wish you a prosperous 2016 =).

Reviewed December 22, 2015

Everytime we travel to Costa Rica, always visit HIBACHI... excellent service, food and atmosphere... Sushi and Korean food maybe the best in Costa Rica!!

Date of visit: January 2015
1  Thank Sammy H
Reviewed December 21, 2015

I Really really love this place. This place is worth everyone of those 5 stars. I don't give 5/5 very often but the sashimi and the rolls are awesome. They have Korean Food and here is the absolute best. Service is always excellent.

Date of visit: December 2015