1,607 results
All reviews vanilla plantation french polynesia pearl farm gourmet restaurant relais chateaux fish overwater bungalow our honeymoon drift snorkel coral gardens bora bora milky way main restaurant sunset view travel agent pool restaurant the general manager
Reviewed June 18, 2016

Overall we had a wonderful honeymoon experience. The facility is very well laid out in a relaxing atmosphere with tasteful design and elegance. Food and Beverage service gets stronger as the day goes on.

Room Tip: the rooms closer to the pool are more sheltered from the wind. Wifi to be installed soon in the rooms which will be a big plus for those who have hard time un plugging.
Review collected in partnership with Relais & Chateaux
Reviewed June 16, 2016

Island #3 on our French Polynesia adventure. Flight from Moorea to Raitea was a quick 40 min flight. Beautiful scenery flying in. Raitea airport quaint- Chickens running around. I loved it.

Even though I had already been to 2 islands this was the one I was waiting for! Overwater bungalow go-time. I couldn’t believe I was there- it was too beautiful for words. We had Bungalow #2 . This was the Bora Bora suites and I recommend if you are going to spend the money indulge on this side of resort. They are all the same rooms, just different views. I felt like our room was the best. Close enough to pool to pick up on Wifi. The rooms were HUGE! I loved taking a bath in that lovely tub. The Monoi oil smelled heavenly. Waking up and having coffee on the deck was a showstopper. You will get tons of Instangram and Facebook pics for yourself at this resort. All of our friends were amazed at this pictures.

As soon as we got there we ordered mini bar service to get snacks and mixers for our alcohol we bought at LAX duty free. We then jumped in the water and swam all over. Water is waist deep for all the eye can see. My boyfriend headed out to the drift snorkel area and had a great time. First time he just walked over , second time he just took a kayak. You literally can walk waist deep to the other island.
We had a favorite puffer fish that stopped by daily to our bungalow. We saw a spotted ray, that was cool. I get nervous snorkeling but did take a kayak to the end of the drift snorkeling. TONS of fish!!!!

The breakfast at the buffet was great. We had dinner at the restaurant and it was good. It was a very HOT evening- but dining up on top of those treetops was a great experience.

I got a tour of the resort and was able to tour an empty beach bungalow. HOLY MOLY! Gorgeous! I like the outdoor bathtub, but happy to have stayed overwater. The staff was incredible to us and to everyone. I can see how people keep returning over and over.

This was by far my favorite vacation to date. You HAVE to spend the money and the time and go to Taha’a. It actually brings tears to my eyes thinking about all that beauty in the South Pacific and being thankful I was able to experience it. We only stayed 2 and half days but wish we stayed longer. I would skip Bora Bora and stay here longer next time.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank goseattle
Reviewed June 15, 2016

Awesome lagoon. Bring your own downloads from home, almost no cable stations except for some french programming and cnn international. Bring your own float and bring your own projector and you can have your own movie nights.

Room Tip: We love the overwater bungalows vs beach bungalows.
Reviewed June 14, 2016

The only great things about the resort is it's reef garden and the dinner food at their Gourmet Restaurant and Vanile restaurant, which were hit and miss sometimes.

We stayed in Bora Bora first, anticipating, from reviews and recommendations, that Le Tahaa would be better. We saved the best for last. However, we were very disappointed. The accommodation we stayed in was not up to standard with what we paid for. The "hut" was not very clean, lots of wholes for wildlife to enter, and the wind whistled throughout out room. We would think it was windy out due to the wind whistling loudly all night, then when we opened the door, realized it was just a gentle breeze. basically, what I am trying to say is that the structure is poorly built. The pictures make it appear that the beach villas have larger pools, but the are just small plunge pools. The Beach also was not very accessible. Compared to beach villas at other resorts at other islands (which were just as expensive), these beach villas (at Le Tahaa) do not even rate.

The Island of Le Tahaa is great. The Mai Tai restaurant is great, the island tours are great, and whatever you might enjoy on Le Tahaa. But that is not the resort. Don't confuse your good experience with the locals and the island with your experience with the resort. Half the resort staff was very rude, while the other half were great. Not enough for how much you pay per night.

My advice, If you are interested in other islands, go to those islands. If you really want to see Le Tahaa, schedule a day visit or something, don't stay at this resort (unless they drop their prices). I felt scammed kind of. After staying at a resort at Bora Bora for the same price, I felt like a sucker the whole time I was at Le Tahaa Resort.

Also, the Spa is not very nice or relaxing. Please avoid it.

5  Thank aascsoccer
Reviewed June 13, 2016

My wife just posted a review that says it all. I just had to add the fact that this place has become our favorite spot to go.

Thanks to Pacific for Less, our travel agents, for recommending Le Taha'a.

We can't wait to return.