All reviews renewed our wedding vows moment you arrive home away from home place to stay junior mama accommodation paradise airport lagoon
Reviewed January 3, 2018

We returned as we said we would. This time we stayed for 2 weeks, renewed our wedding vows and our grown up daughters came over for a week to spend time with us here in paradise. As all the other reviewers keep pointing out this is a home away from home. No hassels, no stress and your part of the family straight away. Sissy the cat even treats you like family here. Next time we want to be here even longer. Can't wait to return to Vaikoa.

Room Tip: it doesn't matter what room, you are all part of the family here.Bungalow if you must!
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank M D
Reviewed December 25, 2017 via mobile

My gf and I tried to visit Aitutaki on a backpacking budget last month, and this was the most affordable accommodation we could find. Upon arrival on this beautiful island we were kindly welcomed by the host, who already seemed much more laid back than anyone we had met on Rarotonga. We booked a garden view hut and received a free upgrade to a large beachfront appartment. The sunsets on the beach were amazing and we did not have to share them with anyone. The lagoon in front of the units is ideal for snorkeling and the owner even provided us with snorkelling gear. He also helped us rent a scooter, book a reputable lagoon cruise and we could use his kayaks without additional charge. During our stay it was as if the world outside had stopped, and we went back to a far simpeler yet more beautiful time and place. Aitutaki Definitely felt like the end of the world for us, and the Vaikoa units were a nice way for us to indulge in this remarkable place.

Kia Orana!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tastetheculture
Reviewed June 10, 2017 via mobile

Wow, Vaikoa Units is such a great place to stay! You are treated like family from the moment you arrive. Junior and Mama make sure you are taken care of and are very helpful. We really loved our stay here.

- we stayed in the large beach bungalow, it is literally on the beach! Basic but comfortable, and had everything we needed. It did get very hot in there during the afternoon and evenings though. The cold shower will help keep you cool.
- Junior will pick you up at the airport. They also can book lagoon tours for you.
- You can snorkel right off the beach in front of the bungalows. It is an excellent stretch of beach and amazing snorkelling too.
- there are kayaks to use and a great BBQ hut. We are almost all of our meals out here.

If you don't need super fancy accommodation then this is the place to stay. There are smaller rooms (still with a kitchen) closer to the road and two bungalows at the beach. I'm so happy we stayed here, we loved it and will be back!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
7  Thank JennyLovesAsia
Reviewed February 4, 2017

I am just short of words for the beauty of this place. It really looks like what you see in photos and probably even better in real.. I stayed on one of the two beach front bungalows and it was just 20 steps or less to beach. The moment you arrive there you know that you are in paradise. Junior as a host is a great and very friendly and helps you with everything. It was very hot one the day just wish the bungalows had air conditioner or even some Pedestal fans..Apart from this it was really nice and great value for money ..i would definitely go back in future and recommend it to anyone who is looking for budget accommodation

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank sumanthgarg
Reviewed January 8, 2017

I travelled to Aitutaki in September 2015 and stayed at Vaikoa for my first week on the island... And am so grateful I chose to do so! From the moment I arrived, the whole family (Terangi, Junior, Joel and Mama) made me welcome and helped me to settle in, Terangi very kindly ferrying me on her scooter to the local shop to buy some provisions. My room was comfortable and quiet, the bathroom and kitchenette clean, and the setting very peaceful. Sitting on the beach at sunset watching the reef herons wade along the shoreline; snorkelling there in the daytime amongst shoals of tropical fish; going to church with Mama on Sunday; sharing a celebratory meal with fellow tourist Martin and the Vaikoa family: I couldn't have wished for a more friendly place to stay. It was a great introduction to the island, and I'd thoroughly recommend Vaikoa to anyone planning to stay on Aitutaki. Many thanks for making me welcome and looking after me, and for providing such a lovely place to stay. Meitaki atupaka!

Room Tip: There are beach huts: I rented a garden unit, which was cheaper but only a 30-second walk to the beach.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo