US$423
US$364
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$448/night.

Kuru Club(Aitutaki)
Orbitz.com
Etu Moana(Aitutaki)
Aitutaki Escape(Aitutaki)
  • Beachfront
All reviewsother guestsfishgas stoveoutdoor showerone foot islandboat tripcook islandsan excellent lunchmosquito netthe managersawesome snorkelingparadise holidaysnorkeling toursbudget accommodationworked finewill blow your mindperfect hosts
Reviewed October 12, 2008

Matriki is a fantastic place to stay, I had a brilliant time!
I stayed at Matriki back in 2006 and there have been so many improvements since Fred & Kristine have taken over, it's brilliant.
We stayed in the tree house on the lower level, which has everything you need for a comfortable stay, including fridge and cooking facilities.
Waking up to that beautiful view is one of the best things about Matriki! I'm scared of spiders so I am very happy to say, my toilet experiences were in solitary!!
Fred & Kristine are brilliant people and we really enjoyed their company (not to mention the sashimi). The snorkelling trip was fantastic...swam with turtles and spectacular fish. Fred is very knowledgeable about the ocean and is conscious of the environment which makes the experience even more enjoyable.
I would love to stay at Matriki again!
p.s. the shower warms up during the day in the sunshine

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with friends
2  Thank GinaMelbourne
Reviewed September 8, 2008

Matriki Beach Huts
22 August - 29 August 2008
We did a bit of research on where to stay on Aitutaki and picked a winner!
We stayed for 7 nights in the Tree House and it was fantastic. The room was spotless with a great view when you open the door in the morning.
Fred and Kristine who manage the place were perfect hosts, and really friendly. They have gone to a lot of trouble to eliminate any mosquitos with great results.
Fred runs an excellent snorkling trip which is essential to do, and he's right when he says they have the best snorkling off the beach at the front of their place, we tried a few spots and Fred was right.
Book it now
Jim and Lisa

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Jugglingjim42
Reviewed May 29, 2008

We had a great time here in July. Snorkelling of the beach was amazing. Managers kind, helpful and friendly. Have got the place very tidy. They are always tiding or fixing something. There were new toilets when we arrived which were quite luxurious for beach huts. We stayed in the beach hut which is right on the beach is basic but has got a few luxuries like a fridge!

You are basiclly left to get on as you like which is good all the other guest there were sound.

I would maybe stay in the garden villa if I stayed there again for the bonus of a indoor sink and shower.

I would say the price here is budget but what you get is top dollar.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank CavaFizz
Reviewed February 5, 2008

We stayed at Matriki's back in November and overall were happy with the facilities for the price we paid. We thought the location was good, great to go out and snorkel on your doorstep, very accommodating.

I don't agree the shared bathroom facilities and sub standard - they were clean, yes there may have been a few visitors...the odd spider etc. but what do you expect when staying on a tropical island!

Campers would like this place but I think those wanting to get away from it all and experience the Cook Islands for what they are would also have a great time here.

Thank you to the Management !

Stayed: November 2007
2  Thank dcvk
Reviewed September 9, 2007

My family and I had a great stay at the Matriki Beach Huts. My partner and our 4 year old son stayed in the Garden unit with its own ensuite. I agree with the other reviewers as this is a budget accommodation and expect just that. It was a bit primative for my liking however the beach, service and pure beauty of the island, more than made up for it. The showers were cold, but it was refreshing for the warm days.

The huts are perfectly located on a great snorkeling beach and you can't beat the price. They are located right next door to a luxury resort that charges well over the regular rate of the Beach Huts.

Mathias was absolutely without question the best host we have ever had and this includes 5 star accommodation comparison. He went well out of his way to ensure our stay was a great one. He also offered an excellent lagoon cruise with good food and coconut milk to drink. The snorkeling on his cruise was out of this world and he was very informative.

I would reccommend anyone looking to go to Aitutaki on a budget.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family