“Fritters!”

Alpine Diner & Bakery
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Girdwood
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

This is my favorite place to stop for a sweet treat. I love the fritters (both blueberry and apple are great). The hubby grabbed a Boston cream filled donut as well as a maple glazed cake donut. He said the cake donut was amazing. Grabbed a couple lattes on this trip too, which were piping hot & strong...just the way I like. Prices are a bit high as one would expect at a tourist stop, but still worth a stop.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed March 1, 2018

I came here a few times years ago and found the baked goods dry, the coffee burnt, the lines long, and the cafe pretty grotty overall. I was in Girdwood a couple of days ago and saw that the Alpine Bakery had changed significantly. It is now a third of its original size and its menu has been reduced to only baked items and drinks. Although it still looked a bit worn, it now looked much cleaner, so I decided to give it a try. I was SO glad I did!
The blueberry fritters were the BEST fritters I have every tasted in my entire life! They looked mouthwatering and, as a lovely surprise, they tasted as good as they looked. (One person with us bought a big cookie, which tasted like a standard big cookie.) We all ordered different espresso drinks and they were all perfect. Also, the Alpine Bakery used to be sooooo slow, but now, there was only one man working there and he was extremely professional and zipped through customers' orders very quickly.
It still looks like a dive and there are no longer places to sit, but I highly, HIGHLY recommend this as a coffee and fritter pit stop on your way to the Kenai Peninsula. Excellent food experience!

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed September 13, 2017

Blueberry and apple fritters, Boston creme and ham and cheese croissants all very delicious.A welcome find.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed August 7, 2017 via mobile

Found this bakery on our way to the Alyeska tramway. The best feta and spinach croissants I've had! The maple glazed Bavarian cream donuts are to die for! The girl behind the counter was very friendly, gave us directions, advice and was super awesome! We stopped every time we passed it while in Anchorage!

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed July 20, 2017

We were advised by friends to make a special stop at this bakery.
If one is going to Seward, Alyeska Ski Resort, Portage, or any where alone Alaska ! south of Anchorage, this is worth a stop.
The Three Berry Scones are Great!

Date of visit: July 2017