“Awesome and Authentic ”

Trails End Horse Adventures
Reviewed June 11, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I went with Mark out to the head of the bay on horseback. The scenery was absolutely fantastic as was the company of Mark his wonderful pup Ali and Josh, another east coast guy. We rode much longer than we thought and crossed some deep waters and loved it. The only downside is how sore one is by the end if you haven't ridden many horses. We loved the cowboy feeling, learning how they live off the grid and being a part of checking on Mark's cattle. An experience we will be talking about for a long time!!!!

2  Thank kocross
in 4 reviews
"boots"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed September 8, 2016

Fantastic day on horseback across the tidal flats! Mark is fascinating - his knowledge of and love for Alaska is evident in all that he shares. His horses are well cared for and trained and a pleasure to ride. The scenery is astounding and Mark points out wildlife as you go. The walk goes down a very steep hill, across two rivers and wound us around on a muddy trail. I am an okay rider and felt totally comfortable the whole time. My daughter is a very advanced rider and would have liked to let loose a bit and gallop across the flats, but the other family we were with were complete novice riders. It was still a highlight of our time in Homer and we hope to go again next time we are there!

2  Thank CalmRiver15
Reviewed August 18, 2016

This day was a fantastic time with Mark, my family and friends, Ali (Alyeska) his dog and his beautifully trained and well mannered horses. In four hours of trail riding, one experiences the diversity of trails, rivers and forging them, mountains, fields and beaches. Novice or not, I recommend saddling up with Mark, listening to his stories, feeling close to your horse and being out beyond the end of roads where great adventures happen and you meet like minded travelers. A must do in Homer Alaska.

Reviewed July 27, 2016

We loved everything, Mark, the horses, Alyeska his dog, the ride, the experience!!!!!! Well worth everything and then some! Leave him a tip, if you don't I'll be surprised, DO it, you'll regret it if you don't take this amazing journey with Mark. The horses are sweet, as is Mark and Alyeska, It's truly a four hour horse back riding experience. with mountains, meadows, streams and rivers you ride thru, and the beach. A MUST DO IN HOMER,,,JUST DON'T GO FOR THE HALIBUT GO FOR THE HORSES TOO!!!! WE DID AND LOVED IT :>)