“Worth the stop”
Review of Ptarmigan Arts

Ptarmigan Arts
Ranked #3 of 30 things to do in Homer
More attraction details
Owner description: Ptarmigan Arts is Homer's only cooperative art gallery, owned and operated by local Alaskan artists. The gallery carries the artwork of established Homer artists as well as newcomers to the Homer art scene. Open year-round, Ptarmigan Arts offers unique, quality artwork and handcrafted items in a variety of media including ceramics, woodworking and turnings, fiber/wearable arts, glass, photography, paintings and etchings, stone lithographs, jewelry, sculpture, and Alaskan fine art prints and cards. Located in charming downtown Homer, the gallery is within walking distance to other galleries and a myriad of other shops, restaurants, and other local attractions. All major credit cards are accepted. Shipping is available and free gift wrapping is offered for purchases.
Reviewed August 10, 2018 via mobile

This is the gallery for about 30 local artists There is pottery, photography, wood working, leather, paintings, and many other
works. This is all quality stuff. None like some tourist shops that have imported tourist stuff.

Seaduck1, Owner at Ptarmigan Arts, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2018

Thank you. The 30+ local artists who collectively own and operate our cooperative gallery are a talented group of folks who are constantly creating new and original works of art. We appreciate your kind review.

All reviews
"anchorage"
in 4 reviews
"browsing"

Reviewed August 4, 2018

I was here today & found myself coming back to many pieces. I'm searching for just one, somewhat large piece of art work to take back to Australia with me as opposed to something smaller. Unfortunately I've yet to find what I was looking. However there were some beautiful pieces at Ptarmigan Arts and I was truly tempted to purchase a couple of pieces (if it weren't for a firm agreement with the other half.... sigh).

I'm sitting here regretting not getting one of Kathie Baldwin's as I write. But many of the works were lovely & not necessarily what I've seen in many of the other galleries I've visited in Alaska so far.

There are several other galleries on this street & I actually liked them more than most of those out on the spit. I'm not a collector but am looking for a really nice 50th birthday present for my hubbie to "find" for me...lol.....so 95% of the items in all the stores I'm walking into are in my price range.

Of course head out to the Spit - its fun & there are a couple of stores out there that are really nice but definitely dont miss the galleries on E. Pioneer Ave.

Seaduck1, Owner at Ptarmigan Arts, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2018

Your review will really please our artists, who own and operate the gallery. Thank you for taking the time to share your observations about Ptarmigan Arts and the other year-round galleries on Pioneer Avenue in Homer. And of course we hope you'll find the perfect piece of artwork to take back to Australia.

Reviewed August 4, 2018 via mobile

Lovely selection of items from
Alaskan craftsman and artists. Well
Worth a visit and shopping adventure!

Thanks -- we appreciate your kind words. We're glad you stopped by.

Reviewed August 2, 2018

Nice place to pick up some Alaskan pottery pieces...they had some really nice coffee mugs, kind of expensive