See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

We have been traveling for four weeks in British Columbia and Alaska, and this was our favorite hotel. We had a beautiful view of the bay from large windows over a nice balcony. The room was recently remodeled, very clean and well kept. The bed was very comfortable, and there was a full kitchenette that was well stocked. We were very comfortable here in this quiet and lovely hotel in beautiful Homer. We would stay here again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2017

During check-in, I found that the credit card charge was less than I expected. Being a fair and honest person, I told the owner that he might have undercharged me. He checked and found that he forgot the tax. So he corrected it. When I got into the non-smoking room we reserved almost three months ago, it smelt like someone had been smoking in it for a while. Before we settled in, I believed the owner’s son came by and asked if we had any issues. I said “not really” but did tell him about the smell of smoke. He already had an Air Freshener in his hand. It looked like he knew we might complain because he gave us a smoking room. So he sprayed all over the room and left. Next day when we came back to the room after a day of recreational activities, we were ready to take a shower before dinner, we were surprised they didn’t do any housekeeping work. I called the owner and the son came by and asked what we needed. I told him we needed a new sets of towels, some creamers, coffee, and some sugars. He gave us new sets of towels and picked up the soiled ones. I also had him empty the garbage cans. Next day same thing happened. They didn’t do any housekeeping work. We stayed there for four nights and had the same issue the whole time. I don’t understand this. I helped them correct their mistake of undercharging me. I paid in full and all we got was bad service in return. When I told the owner this issue again during check-out, he said “I am sorry”. Period. He didn’t offer any discounts or anything in that nature. Please don’t ask me if I want to stay there again as you already know my answer. I gave one star because the room was fine.

Room Tip: Not recommended
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed April 11, 2017

Went there on a 2 for 1 night coupon from the "Northern Lights" book and it was well worth it. Very clean, great owners, close to the "Spit", the stores and visitor centers. Will do it again! Has a full sized refrig, microwave, TV, cable. Did not see if they had wi-fi---we were there for the eagles on the Spit, and the scenery.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a view, but it is better to just go outside and hike or drive!
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 29, 2017 via mobile

Our room was something you would find at an hourly rate in the Vegas strip. Poorly maintained and the beds were less than ok. The blankets and sheets were questionable and the beds were so used, that we slept on the spare sheet we brought with us. Don't be fooled with the price and view.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed September 8, 2016

This was great, convenient place - large enough for our family of 4 with a full kitchen and balcony and a surprise - great view. There also was a coin operated laundry. Yes, it is old and hasn't been updated but for that price what do you expect.

Room Tip: Get a 2nd floor room - better views
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family