All reviews breakfast room free breakfast best westerns western hotels make your own waffles front desk staff breakfast was excellent main building hot breakfast would stay here again beds were comfortable nice stay only stayed one night yogurt fat olives each morning washer and dryer
Reviewed October 18, 2018

We stayed in the extra Buliding - rooms are nice and clean - compfy beds and thankfully quiet as well. Internet doesnt work very well in this building. rooms could be more modern for a Best Western. Breakfast was faboulus - omlettes made for your liking. Never had that before in a Motel. Thanks for that.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Douglas J, General Manager at Best Western Bidarka Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2018

Thank you for staying with us. We had an internet switch go bad in that building. We received the replacement parts and have it back up to normal. I am sorry for any inconvenience this caused you. We look forward to seeing you again upon your return to Homer!

Reviewed September 20, 2018 via mobile

The internet is not very fast but I slept like a rock and for breakfast the head Chef cooked the best omelette I have had in years. He is very talented that omelette was perfectly put together and cooked.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Douglas J, General Manager at Best Western Bidarka Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2018

Thank you for staying with us at the Best Western Bidarka Inn. We look forward to seeing you on a return visit.

Reviewed September 17, 2018

Bidarka Inn is in a very small town with quite a few hotels/motels. Rooms are large, clean, comfortable. No one has pillows like mine at home, but that’s beside the point. Very nice, welcoming staff. And a fun bar with snacks as well as alcohol, and a friendly bartender!

1  Thank namsmom

Thank you for Staying with us at the Best Western Bidarka Inn. Homer is a very small laid back coastal town. I am glad that you were able to enjoy that atmosphere. We look forward to seeing you on your return to Homer. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed September 9, 2018

Our room (155) at the Bidarka had to be one of the largest my wife and I have ever stayed in and provided both comfort and plenty of space to move around. The hotel is located on the north end of town but convenient for driving access to the Homer Spit and local attractions. The breakfast (included in the price) featured something we'd never previously experienced at hotels that offer free breakfast service - omelettes cooked to your personal taste by an in-house chef - a very nice touch that other hotels should copy. Overall a totally enjoyable stay at a reasonable price

Room tip: Ask for one of their large rooms (like 155)
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank FFlyer42
Douglas J, General Manager at Best Western Bidarka Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2018

Thank you for staying with us at the Best Western Bidarka Inn. The omelet station is a new addition to our complimentary breakfast. This as well as a parfait station has been well received and been made a year round addition to our breakfast. Thanks again for choosing us.

Reviewed September 8, 2018

If you stay overnight in Homer, Alaska, as we did on our vacation last month, the Best Western Bidarka Inn is far from the best choice.

In fact, the place is little more than a roadside motel with a faux log-cabin exterior and the worst complimentary breakfast I've ever had.

Our room had two electric radiators, but the smaller one in the bathroom didn't work. The two queen beds were much too soft, and the floor between them sloped down toward the wall.

The TV remote barely worked, and buttons had to be pushed two or three times to change a channel or perform another function.

As if that wasn't bad enough, the next day's free buffet breakfast didn't offer cut-up fresh fruit, nuts or raisins for the granola or egg whites for the mediocre made-to-order omelet, and the coffee was dispensed by a machine.

When I checked out the next day, the woman at the front desk said she'd make a note of our problems so the "next guest" wouldn't experience them. I also was annoyed to find she had quoted the room rate over the phone without including the tax. We paid $233.16 for the awful room.

At breakfast, the harried cook preparing the made-to-order omelets in the dining room told me he couldn't take my order because he was cooking someone else's omelet.

That could be easily remedied by having forms guests fill out indicating what kind of omelet they wanted, the practice at the Hyatt House in Anchorage.

Room tip: I wouldn't stay here again nor do I recommend it.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay. We had implemented the omelete station in early summer. We did make changes from input from our guests. We also do not offer cut fruit but we do have 2 fresh fruits available for our guests along with many other options including oatmeal, waffle and parfait station. If you have a problem with your room we would love to know about it at the time you find the problem so we can address the issue immediately. Again, sorry you did not enjoy your stay but I hope you will have a nice day!