Review Highlights
Local Alaskan Farmers Market

This is a great place for fresh locally grown produce and home made products. I am amazed to see... read more

Reviewed September 1, 2018
MarktheWay
Anchorage, Alaska
via mobile
One of the best!

I’ve been to a lot of Farmers’ Markets and I’ve even started a market in my Virginia home town and... read more

Reviewed August 24, 2018

from US$680.00
from US$725.00
from US$695.00
More Info
All reviews seafood chowder birch syrup halibut cheeks vendors purchase bay alaska
Reviewed August 28, 2017

What's there not to love about this farmer's market? We visited on Wednesday and returned on Saturday. There were more vendors on Sat. Lots of people walking around, eating the local foods and browsing the crafts and colorful flowers. We enjoyed the halibut tacos, fried green tomato sliders, donuts and Russian potato pies and fruit pies. And don't miss the birch syrup. A very different flavor from maple syrup, less sweet, more bold. The owner of this business explained the production process which is very time consuming and allowed us to sample. We bought 2 bottles and they are a delicious memory of our vacation.

Date of experience: August 2017
1  Thank suntravelers4
Reviewed August 11, 2017

We are enjoying some of the jams back here at home now (fireweed, spruce tips, and rose hip), but what a great haul on market day: oysters, cookies, butterhead lettuce... Definitely worth a visit even if you're not staying some place with a kitchen.

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed August 8, 2017

We stopped at the Homer Farmer's Market and enjoyed wandering around sampling some local fare and buying a few treats to take with us. There was a nice variety of crafts, food, produce, etc. The vendors were willing to share their knowledge about the area and their products. We picked up some great jam, birch syrup, jerky, halibut cheeks, and several other things. I would recommend stopping by!

Reviewed July 28, 2017 via mobile

We were lucky enough to be driving past the market on Saturday afternoon. It's only open on Saturday & Wednesday. We bought organic arugula from one of the local farmers. Without a doubt the best tasting arugula we've had anywhere. Full of flavor. There's food there too all looked & smelled great but we had already ate lunch.
There's lots of soaps trinkets home made cookies. Would recommend going there. You may find some goodies.

Reviewed July 19, 2017 via mobile

I went on a Wednesday afternoon. Perhaps their Saturday market is larger. There wasn't much there. I got a couple of small jellies. That's about all I was interested in.

1  Thank tlreimer