All reviews oatmeal kitchen area very nice stay home away from home free breakfast place to stay rudy proximity laundry
Reviewed July 15, 2018

The best part of staying here was that I could walk over from the airport. That's where the positives end.

The entire place was filthy with stains and finger prints, esp. the glass front doors. This was my first impression as I entered and was perpetuated throughout. There were pee stains next to the toilet in my room, food smears on the stove top, one of the curtain open/close rods was propped in the closet.

The desk woman seemed frantic and zoned out at the same time. She never made eye contact and was away from the desk for periods of time while guests stacked up ready to check in. A sign said to dial '0' to get someone to come to the desk. However there was no phone that I could see and no bell to ring.

I was just off a 2-week long river trip anxious to shower and wash my hair but there was no shampoo in my room [$160 a night BTW]. I waited for nearly 10 minutes for staff to return while another guest behind me arrived looking for shampoo as well. We hollered to get someone to show up to no avail.

Finally a couple who were waiting to register ran out to their U-Haul and brought back a couple of containers of shampoo for us! Just then the desk woman appeared and said, " We are out of shampoo and were supposed to get some today but it didn't come in."

Unbelievable!

Room Tip: Bring your own cleaning supplies.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Juneau - Shell Simmons Drive, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2018

Cate, thank you for being our guest. We are very disappointed to see that your feedback referenced the description of our hotel and your room as "filthy". Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you encountered while you were here. Your feedback regarding cleanliness and the poor service provided by our staff is shared with the concerned teams to ensure that we provide excellent service going ahead. Please give us a chance to regain your trust and earn your highest marks in the near future.

Reviewed June 17, 2018

We booked thinking we may be traveling with our dog and pets are allowed. We were surprised to find no glasses/coffee maker etc in the room. When we asked for them and expressed our surprise that the room had not been made up, the front desk clerk responded with how many nights are you here and did no one explain the extended stay procedures.The breakfast bar was explained when we checked in as a grab and go so knew what to expect there. Overall it is not a bad hotel but the little things we are used to having when traveling were not there...glasses in bathroom, coffee maker, not even a pen or paper were in the room. It was quiet, we did not hear the planes. The view was of the back end of another business and a chain link fence so not sure if that counts as city view! If you are traveling on a budget, it may be the place for you. If are traveling and expecting regular hotel service/amenities..may be not.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CathiDYT
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Juneau - Shell Simmons Drive, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2018

Cathi, thanks so much for taking time to evaluate our hotel. We’re glad to know you found our location peaceful and that overall you had a nice experience. However, we apologize for your disappointment with the in-room amenities. Since our suites are designed for guests staying multiple nights desiring home-like living, these guests often bring their personal items from home to use in their room. All the items such as kitchenware are kept at the front desk to ensure the cleanliness. All these items are delivered to the guest upon their request and are complementary. We apologize this was not explained to you at the arrival. We hope the positive aspects will overshadow the problem you had and you will give us another opportunity to provide you with a much better stay.

Reviewed May 30, 2018 via mobile

I had a short stay and it was very peaceful. Unfortunately there was no shuttle but the stellar customer swrvice mad up for it. The room was very clean and bed was comfortable. The added pool was a plus. This hotel is very conveniently located near the airport. Thank you for making my stay great!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Juneau - Shell Simmons Drive, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2018

Thank you for staying at Extended Stay America. We are glad to read you liked our convenient location and courteous service as well as your well-appointed room. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest, and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 24, 2018 via mobile

When We arrived we were greeted by David. He was so kind amd paid attention to all our needs. The room was nice and it was nice to come to a hotel with a pool. It is just so sad they don’t have shuttle service anymore.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Juneau - Shell Simmons Drive, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2018

Thank you for staying at Extended Stay America. We are delighted you were impressed with service provided by David. Your compliments have already been shared. Thanks again for the feedback and we look forward to welcoming you every time when in the area.

Reviewed May 20, 2018

I just checked in and found out that this hotel has discontinued their shuttle service to the ferry. I was given NO WARNING. If I had known, I would have cancelled my reservation and stayed at a different hotel. I have been a client of this Extended Stay for many years. They could have sent me a simple email telling me that they had discontinued their shuttle service. My first clue was when I gathered my bags at the airport and could not find the number for the hotel on the touch screen with the other hotels. So I grabbed my two very heavy bags and walked over here! Then I saw the sign about no more shuttle service. Really? They had my email. They had my phone number. They could have let me know!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Juneau - Shell Simmons Drive, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2018

Haines, thank you for choosing us. We appreciate your repeat business! However, we apologize for failing to meet your expectations and for the inconvenience you encountered due to the miscommunication. We have taken note of the issues you outlined and will be working with our team to improve these areas. We hope this unfortunate situation will not prevent you from staying with us again.