“Amazing team, awesome guides insane terrain”

Alaska Powder Descents
Ranked #41 of 57 things to do in Juneau
More attraction details
Owner description: Alaska Powder Descents is a full service guiding operation offering a range from half-day trips to weeklong packages. Our guides are all Juneau based and have extensive experience working in Southeast Alaska. Our goal is to use our experience to lead clients to terrain that fits their ability and matches their desire to challenge themselves.
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

150% recomendable experience... super cool group of guides and leader. Super friendly and super fun!!

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"glacier"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed April 23, 2017

Fantastic company. Had two weeks in Juneau with only a few days booked on the heli, and Alaska Powder Descents went well beyond what was required or expected for great customer service. All guides were excellent, knew the terrain and their clients, and were amazing.
Absolutely can not recommend the company enough.

Reviewed March 30, 2016

The team is great, very professional but down to earth. Highly recommend to both experienced and first-time heli folks - they'll fit the experience to your needs. Like a small family really, and a great time! Beautiful mountains!!

Reviewed May 7, 2015 via mobile

Ill make this as brief as i can. Kevin and Sammy were my guides. I never felt unsafe with the lines and terrain they chose and my experience was an eye opener in so many ways. Kevin had great communication and informed me of weather and groups.

I showed up to Juneau to visit an old friend and wasnt sure if id be able to snowboard because it was near the end of the season and i gave little notice but the weather opened up and there was one open seat left from a group member who dropped out . I snagged the last seat.

I was a little jittery and I'm sure the staff could tell because i was asking way too many questions and really anxious. I calmed down once we landed on the first peak. Its a whole new experience that i highly encourage skiiers and boarders to experience. Ive been to a lot of mountains and just wanted to go that extra step i had been itching for the last 2 years

Its always been a dream to do this and the way everything came together was exactly what i wanted. The weather was perfect. Absolutely no wind and sunny. A great group of local riders who made me feel at home. The environment is breath taking. It was insane how there was zero sound up there when you were taking a break from carving the pow. We saw a wolverine and groups of dog mushers far off in the distance. All runs were great alot of variety of terrain.

. Talk about down to earth people, Sammy and Kevin love the outdoors and i couldn't have asked for better guides who live very interesting lives. They sold me on coming back next year with a group of friends and scoping out some new terrain. I believe we were in the death valley area. Check your atlas! Thanks again for an incredible trip that I'll never forget!
-Jason

1  Thank ukele6
See more reviews
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Alaska's weather conditions can be quite finicky so be prepared to wait for a clear day to ski or ride. Overall the experience was great, Kevin was an excellent guide and the helicopters/pilots they contracted from Temsco are professionals. The price was right for the small group of only 4-5 ppl at $150 per run. However, I am used to other heli operations where they cater a bit more to the customer, like having free water/non-alcoholic drinks in between runs and providing lunch on the mountain. I don't mind packing my own food and water for the day, but it's just those little perks that would have made this a 5 star experience. I would have also enjoyed a little more challenging terrain, but the conditions didn't allow for us to get to those spots, so I assume there is much more to be had on a clearer day.

Highly recommended Heli outfit and a must-do while in Jueau.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
5  Thank Gnar_gurl