“Loved Butch and his tour!!!”
Review of Alaska Fly N Fish Charters - CLOSED

Reviewed 21 August 2011

We took a tour with Butch to Pack Creek to observe bears eating salmon. We made sure to book in peak season and we were not disappointed. The trip is very costly, but to us, it was worth it. We had a beautiful float plane ride on a gorgeous sunny day. As soon as we arrived at Pack Creek we spotted a bear and soon after it was three bears. Throughout our four hours there the three bears were there the whole time. A few other bears came and left. It was very exciting to watch the mother and the two cubs. Only one cub was hers; the other had been orphaned. The clubs played, fished and ate berries. The sow fished a lot and kept her eye on her cubs, following them into the field. It was quite an experience. I highly recommend Butch!! He is very professional and knowledgeable.

2  Thank happytraveler49

Reviewed 15 August 2011

My husband and I spent the day with Butch bear watching and fishing. It was the highlight of our 2-week trip to Alaska. We saw a lot of wildlife including a sow with three cubs and a whale blowing through its blowhole. We watched a bear chase a salmon upstream, catch it, and eat it. We fished in the middle of Admiralty Island where we were the only people around. I caught a rare kokonee salmon, which is a landlocked salmon. A sea otter swam up to check us out as we were fishing in a stream full of spawning salmon. Butch is an excellent pilot and gave us smooth flights on his Cessna floatplane. I highly recommend this! My husband is still talking about it.

3  Thank cemckeon
Reviewed 14 August 2011

On a beautiful, sunny Juenau day, Captain Butch took us on a breathtaking flight over the Juneau Icefield. The scenery was nothing short of spectacular. In fact, it was jaw-dropping. Butch's commentary and confidence in handling his float plane made the trip more relaxing and enjoyable. It was a smooth, beautiful ride that we would not hesitate to recommend. Butch is an experienced, respected leader in the region, for good reason. By the way, the booking and scheduling process was also a breeze. Thumbs up!

1  Thank Fishytourist