All reviews washer and dryer full kitchen separate bedroom sized fridge available for purchase basketball tournament fully fitted kitchen the main highway small apartment grocery store close to the hotel vaulted ceilings reliable shuttle service short walk large tv douglas island free continental breakfast
Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

Doesn't look much but offers good rooms and a very comfortable bed, with a reliable shuttle service to/from the airport. The remarkable whale sculpture is nearby, which leads to a boardwalk over the area being revegetated with native plants. Continue around the shore to downtown Juneau with its variety of good places to eat.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Juneau_Hotel_Manager, Executive Manager at Juneau Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2018

Dear Gordon,

Thank you for review. Please let us know what we could have done better.

Reviewed July 11, 2018

We reserved 2 rooms in April for our July stay. When we checked in, the 2 rooms that were supposed to have 2 queen beds per room had 1 queen bed and a pullout sofa sleeper. I asked the front desk to switch me to the rooms I reserved but I was told that they were booked solid. One of the room's fire alarms kept beeping. When I asked for maintenance to fix it, I was told that no one from maintenance was on duty and that the desk clerk didn't know where the batteries were kept. I ended up taking the alarm off the wall. I asked to talk to the manager about a price adjustment on the room but the manager wasn't on duty either. I called Expedia for help and after 3 hours of phone time, Expedia was finally able to reach a manager. The manager did offer a $28 adjustment but when the manager was told that wasn't acceptable, the manager hung up on Expedia. I eventually did get the rooms that I reserved but would caution anyone looking at this hotel. If you have a problem with the room you may have to deal with it on your own which probably won't end well for you. Running a business with no manager or maintenance on duty seems substandard to me.

Room tip: The higher the rooms the better the view
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Juneau_Hotel_Manager, Executive Manager at Juneau Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2018

Dear Kurt,

We take feedback from our clients very seriously and will be investigating this VERY thoroughly. Please accept my apologies for your experience. We were in our busiest season, and mistakes do happen every once in a while.

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

We had a family reunion during the 4th of July holiday. This included 2 weddings; my daughter’s and my niece’s. Lots of family stayed here, plus we rented their breakfast room for the girl’s bachelorette party. The suites are beautiful, and are stocked with all of the comforts of home! All of the people who work at the hotel are friendly and went out of their way to make this a special time for all of us! Thank you, Juneau Hotel!

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review. It has been our pleasure to have you stay at our hotel! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed July 4, 2018 via mobile

Comfortable lodging, but great customer service. My sister and I were heading from Juneau to a backpacking trip, but didn't have any bear spray. Tina at the front desk took out her own canister and gave it to us to use on the hike. 11/10 stars. Would stay here again

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank linduh12

Dear Linduh,

Thanks for your kind review.

Sincerely, Mariah Carpenter Executive

Reviewed July 1, 2018

My bad experience with hotel started with making reservations. The operator made the reservation for May, my date at the hotel was in June. I corrected this three weeks before I traveled. Sort of an easy mistake to make, and I caught it. That should be the end of the story.

Then a few days before left for Alaska, I got a call a call from the hotel manager saying he wanted to transfer me to their "sister hotel", the Frontier Suites, 8 miles away. He told me that the staff would shuttle me back and forth as needed. He made it seem like I had no options. It was my mistake to believe him. When I arrived in Juneau, the staff had no idea what he was talking about and showed me the bus stop. I called the manager a few times, which is when he told me the a room at original hotel had "opened up on a cancellation".

During the day, while hiking on Mt. Roberts, I met someone who got the same line from the manager. He just cancelled the reservation and found a new hotel, closer to downtown Juneau. While he was looking, he saw rooms available at Juneau Hotel. Feels like a scam, a total bait and switch, to me.

When I got back, my room wasn't ready, and I had to wait. It was final insult to injury.

Date of stay: June 2018
3  Thank GoodDaySunshine67

Dear guest,

Please accept my apologies for your experience. We were in our busiest season and mistakes might happen from time to time. We will investigate this matter very seriously and will look into it so that it won’t happen again.