“Awesome experience”

and up
Juneau Shore Excursion: Mendenhall Glacier Rafting Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Alaska Travel Adventures operates more adventure tours in Alaska than any other company. From whale watching to white water rafting and kayaking, all of our trips feature personalized attention and provide you with a chance to experience Alaska's natural splendor. Best of Juneau Glacier View Sea Kayaking Gold Mining & Panning Adventure Gold Panning & Salmon Bake Mendenhall Glacier Float Trip Mendenhall Glacier & Salmon Bake Mendenhall Lake Canoe Adventure Mendenhall Lake Kayaking Adventure Mendenhall Lake Kayak & Salmon Bake Whale Watching Adventure Whale Watching & Salmon Bake Whale Watching & King Crab Station Whale Watching & Sea Life Discovery Custom Hummer Excursion
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

I had a great experience on my kayak tour! I was nervous at first, but the guide I had, John Miller ensured I was properly informed before taking off! I got to see so many bald eagles up close and a seal ! Apparently there's a lot of gloomy days in Juneau -Alaska, my tour just so happened to be on the most beautiful sunny day. I would like to return next season ! Thanks for the awesome pics you took as well and all of the cool facts along the tour!

All reviews
in 11 reviews
"whale watching"
in 68 reviews

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Our guide John was awesome! He was very informative and made sure to stay at a steady pace so everyone could enjoy the tour! We got to see seals, salmon, eagles, and other birds! Overall, well worth the money, thanks

Reviewed 12 August 2017

We took the kayaking trip to Mendenhall Glacier and the experience could not have been more fantastic! Our guide, Daniel, was fun, patient, and knowledgeable and really made the excursion complete. He helped my husband and I feel comfortable right away (despite us having no kayaking experience) and provided us with great information along the way. We got to paddle closer to the glacier than I ever imagined and Daniel made sure we had plenty of pictures to commemorate the adventure!

Reviewed 12 August 2017

This was our first visit to this part of Alaska. Randall Padgett was our guide and he was terrific. He was knowledgeable about the glacier, wildlife and more. He paced our canoeing experience so that we could appreciate the workout and the scenery.

See more reviews
Reviewed 11 August 2017

Went kayaking near the Mendenhall glacier, and it was amazing! Craig was our guide, and he did a great job of making us feel comfortable on our first time kayaking. He was there to help if we needed it, but he didn't hover over us, which we really appreciated. He also gave really interesting facts while we were kayaking, and took a picture of us in front of the glacier. Great guide, and a great experience!