“First time shooting!!! Stocked!!!”

Juneau Mercantile and Armory
Ranked #1 of 5 Fun & Games in Juneau
More attraction details
Owner description: If you have ever wanted to have a REAL Alaskan experience, look no further. What could be more fun than shooting fully automatic machine guns? Not Much! When you arrive at the state of the art facility, each guest will be met by their personal Range Safety Officer where they will learn about the firearms they have chosen, and how to safely shoot them. No experience necessary.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Stairs / lift, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Went with my friends during a snowboard trip!! Really amazing, super friendly staff, super professional and super fun!!!
It is a must go in Juneau!!
Really thanks for the good time we had with them!!

1  Thank FLopezareal
Jason T, Owner at Juneau Mercantile and Armory, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2018

tnx guys! awesome having you guys here....come see us again !

All reviews
"ship"
in 4 reviews
"knowledge"

Reviewed March 19, 2017 via mobile

The new management is absolutely fabulous! wow, what a change for the better. Much better staff and instructors with lots of knowledge. Great selection of firearms to rent and purchase and the ONLY indoor machine gun range in the state.

1  Thank shooterme

tnx for your awesome review...we appreciate it very much !

Reviewed January 8, 2017

Every visit my family and I have made to JMA has been positive and enjoyable. The staff has never failed in their concern for safety, instruction, helpfulness, and enjoyment! Prices are reasonable for membership or hourly rate. Gun/gear selection is impressive with no shortage of knowledge from the staff who are always ready to help.

1  Thank moorer4u

...tnx...! come see us again....!

Reviewed October 11, 2016

I work in a call-center in Seattle selling cruises and was able to take a free, last-minute cruise to Alaska with a few of my fellow co-workers. The travel agency I work for paid for the cruise but I was responsible for booking my excursions. The ports of call were Juneau, Skagway, and Victoria so I started researching different options.

To give you a little background, I’m 26 years-old and one of three daughters in my family. The first time I had ever been to a gun range was with my dad, 5 days before my cruise. We only shot pistols but I loved it so much that we went two-days in a row.
Since I sell cruises for a living, I know which excursions we recommend for the different ports. I highly recommend Alaska to families traveling with seniors or elderly parents; however, I needed something more adventurous to do for the day.

I found this excursion by googling, “Top 10 things to do in Juneau” and Juneau Mercantile and Armory was number four. After reading the reviews and different options to my Dad, he convinced me to book the Alaska Machine Gun Package. I am incredibly thankful he did because if you’re looking for a real Alaskan experience, this excursion is a must.

I had a helicopter/glacier trek tour booked directly through the cruise line but was given the wrong voucher and missed my excursion. I called the Juneau Mercantile and Armory to see if I could move my package to an earlier time since my shooting package wasn’t scheduled for another 4 hours. The owner, Sloan, was exceptionally accommodating and came to pick me up right away. It was a 20 minute drive from the pier to the range and when we arrived, I was introduced to all of the guns I would be shooting.

One of the staff members took me down to the range and explained all of the safety precautions, the history and technique of shooting each gun. He was so professional, informative and made me feel extremely comfortable despite my lack of experience. I was able to shoot guns that most people don’t get to shoot in their lifetime. My favorite was the German MP-40 submachine gun, although the automatic AK-47 and Barret .50 caliber were tied for an extremely close second. I went in a girl, and left a woman. I am definitely going back to JMA with my Dad just so he can stop trying to live vicariously through me. I can’t explain in words how amazing my experience was and I am so thankful to the staff for all that they did for me.

3  Thank Ashley S
See more reviews
Reviewed September 22, 2016 via mobile

While the Armory has decent selection and prices, the owner's attitude leaves much to be desired.

While visiting recently, the man behind the counter has nice and helpful enough, but was unable to assist me with a simple maintenance issue on a firearm. So I waited for the owner to finish chatting with his friend--at which point he informed me that my simple 5-minute task would take him at least two hours to complete. This was during the early afternoon when there were no other customers in the store. When I asked him if they sold the necessary equipment or if they would let me use theirs, the owner very indignantly told me that they did not sell the equipment and that I was definitely not allowed to use theirs.

I quickly drove a block over to Rayco Sales where they immediately put my rifle on the bench and quickly did what needed to be done. And since I bought something else while I was there, they didn't charge me for the 5 minutes of their time. I now know where I will and will not go in the future for any service needs I have for my firearms.

Hey sorry about that experience....that owner is no longer associated with the business ...and incidentally when you came to Rayco I helped you (!) and now I am here at JMA ...please stop by
Naresh 8>)