US$176
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$189
Hotels.com
US$135
Super 8 by Wyndham Juneau(Juneau)(Great Value!)
US$184
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$184
US$193
Cancelon
All reviewsthe penthousedouglas islandjacuzzi tubharbor view roombook toursdowntown juneautracy armlovely roomrented a carsmall kitchenclose to towneach morningenjoyed our stayminute drivesalmongreat place to staywould stay here again
Reviewed October 5, 2010

I have been staying at the Beachside Villa Luxury Inn since 2006 and won't go anywhere else. I travel to Juneau on business nearly every month for 3-5 day stays and have tried several other Juneau hotels and B&Bs. Nothing compares to the comfort and service I experience at this location and I recommend it to all of my colleagues.

The views are specatular, the rooms are comfortable, clean and cozy. There are a variety of rooms available so be sure to talk to the innkeeper first about which one will best meet your travel needs. The cost is comparable to local hotels and the innkeeper has been very responsive to my requests.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank AKFrequentFlyer
Reviewed September 27, 2010

Our stay was far beyond our expectations-not only very clean and decorated well but with all the extra amenities one would want! The view was spectacular as we sat out on or deck in the middle of winter with a great glass of wine. Yes, when in Juneau, we will always stay there.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Beachside Villa for our honeymoon in July. We stayed in the Penthouse Suite and it was perfect. The room was well kept and had everything we needed. The double headed shower that looks out to the channel was really neat as well as the jacuzzi tub that fills from a waterfall. The location is nice because it is on Douglas Island which gets you out of the city to a little more peace and quiet. The room has a balcony in which we enjoyed many evenings having a few drinks and watching the bald eagles fly by. The view from the room is wonderful. The room overlooks the Gastineau Channel, downtown Juneau, and not to mention the mountains behind the city. Susan the innkeeper was very nice and made us feel very welcome. Don't expect a very commercialized type of setting. It reminds me of a bed and breakfast. The room had a private entrance so we felt like it was our own home for the week. There are lots of stairs so if you have problems with stairs this may not be the place for you. Overall we had a great time and can't wait to come back to Juneau! We would definitely stay at the Beachside Villa again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2010

I travel to Juneau quite often for business, and discovered the Beachside Villa Inn a few years back. This is a wonderful Inn, that have rooms more similiar to a condo, than a hotel room. Right on the water, the views of downtown (which is right across the bay) are beautiful, and the surrounding landscape is breath taking.

The rooms have luxury pillow top style beds, a small side kitchen set up, with microwave,
refridgerator, and a small eating table.

I would highly recommend this venue for anyone staying in Juneau, whether your there for just a few nights, or an extended stay. Far more relaxing than a normal hotel room.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed July 5, 2010

My husband and I stayed in the Villa Suite,from June 28- July 2, 2010. It was a worn basement apartment. We knew it was a lower priced suite when we booked it, but we still had some basic expectations at $159/night. The following was unsatisfactory:

We went without toilet paper for two days. The trash can was overflowing, so finally my husband set it out in the middle of the kitchen, where they couldn't miss it! A lightbulb was out for two days, so we used a closet light to see. The toilet had to be flushed several times to clear the bowl. There were no room darkening drapes, only broken plastic window blinds in the bedroom and living room- hardly conducive to sleep for travelers not used to the long hours of light. We put up blankets over the windows every night.

The suite was not the same"Villa" suite pictured in the brochure! There was no headboard at all on the bed. Some of the lawn furniure was broken, and the grass was overdue for mowing when we arrived. When we used the toaster, the smoke alarm kept going off. The advertised WI-FI had a weak signal, when it worked at all. The owner retorted "Well, it works for me!" and, "I really don't know anything about that; I'll call the ISP." She never got back to us, nor did our signal strength improve. Our netbook is very new (she insinuated it might be our computer.) We had to check in for our flight at McDonald's, where we connectedto their WI-FI right away.

There were religious plaques on the walls, which might not appeal to all faiths. The suite layout was impractical, long on knick knacks but short on practicalities for travelers, such as a luggage rack.

My husband used a comforter to watch TV at night, but one day we came back to find someone had taken it away and left a thin old floral bedspread in a plastic bag on the worn, dirty footstool.

We noticed our bill was 17% more than quoted over the phone, so we're contacting the innkeepers to find out why.

I do see that some travelers have had good experiences with the other units, so perhaps they are better, but this was not a luxury villa.

Things we liked were the linens and duvet.We saw eagles on the beach in the early mornings, and it was very convenient having a washer and dryer in the apartment. The covered steps and flower pots were pretty, as well as the path lights and fountain. However, it was the suite we were paying for, and In summary, we felt the brochure was deceptive and the room wasn't worth the price. We will stay somewhere else if we come back to Juneau in the future.

Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Virgochik
mikesusan, Owner at Beachside Villa Luxury Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2010

We appreciate that you chose Beachside Villa for your stay here in Juneau and are sincerely sorry that you did not have the wonderful experience we try so hard for our guests to have. Please allow us to respond to your observations.

In Southeastern Alaska, we live in a rain forest. So it rains a lot, as you experienced while you were here. Sometime we cannot mow our grass when we want to and it can easily grow several inches in a week. I apologize, ours was not mowed because of all the rain we had and the ground was saturated. The grass was mowed Monday, shortly after your check in day when it had dried out a bit.
It is not uncommon for things to occasionally need repair and replacement so we try to respond immediately to take care of any irregularities that our guests bring to our attention. Your comfort is first in our priority, so as for the large down comforter, we thought that it might be in your way. So we replaced it with something smaller in a zippered bag, which could easily fit in the closet and out of your way if you didn’t want to use it. Please forgive any inconvenience this caused.
I have travelers who love that room and specifically request it every time they travel. I am so sorry it didn’t meet your needs. One of our frequent guests in that room is an Alaska Senator.
As I explained in the apology email I sent you, I miss counted the days in the month of June and charged you for an extra day. When I realized what I had done, I immediately credited your card and sent an apology.
All of us here at the Beachside Villa really enjoyed meeting you and thought you were both so nice. Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
Michael & Susan