All reviews mendenhall glacier hot tub sleep number blueberries dream wedding massage room clean clothes arranged everything bike riding paddle boats bed and breakfast place to stay every morning helped us plan wealth of information whale watching salmon fishing
Reviewed September 18, 2018

Myself and my wife stayed at Maryann's place for three days and the experience was wonderful. Even though she wasn't there due to family travel, Maryann made sure everything was arranged perfectly. We enjoyed our room, ambiance and the location. I would highly recommend this place to anyone who is thinking for a luxurious place to stay.

Reviewed September 16, 2018

I have had the pleasure of staying at The Pond many times over the years, but this latest visit exceeded even my high expectations. My husband and I traveled to Juneau for business, with some hiking and relaxing added in for good measure. I was once more astonished by the peaceful surroundings, lush gardens, and starry skies, not to mention the fabulous room. We stayed in the Lakeside suite, and really appreciated the Sleep Comfort system that lets you dial in the firmness or softness for each side of the bed. The pillowcases and bedding are some of the nicest I have ever encountered. In the morning, I enjoyed preparing my own breakfast in the very well-appointed kitchenette, then relaxing with a lovely view of the pond and forest. When I am in Juneau, I refuse to stay anywhere else. This inn is wonderful for vacations, couples retreats, business travel, or celebrations such as weddings or anniversaries.

Room tip: all the rooms are unique and wonderful- beautiful color schemes and thoughtfully laid out for the traveller
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed September 15, 2018 via mobile

Such a wonderful quiet place to stay!
Very pretty surroundings!! Lots of flowers!! And very clean !!!!!
1st class stay! I have stayed there lots of visits to Juneau!!
Great for a honeymoon escape!!
Beautiful lake on property, hot tub , jacuzzi ,sauna, serve breakfast as well!! Massage room available also!!
Cumfy beds!!!!!!!!!
Its a breath taking experience!!!
And my favorite place to stay!!! For any occasion business, pleasure, relaxation, medical, wedding etc.
I would truly recommend this place in Juneau AK!!!!!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed September 14, 2018

This was our second time staying at Pearson's Pond. Maryann Ray the owner is the most awesome person. She does a great job of making her guests feel comfortable. She serves a fabulous gourmet breakfast. Maryann will also assist with any trip request, reservation, scheduling , or trip planning the clients need. Maryann was instrumental in making our trip to Alaska the trip of a lifetime. We got to see bears, glaciers, had a private bear photography tour all with the help, planning and know how of Maryann

The Inn has so many amenities, Jacuzzi tubs, hot tubs full kitchen, BBQ's are available to grill on, and if requested massage services. If you are staying in Juneau, be sure to try Pearson's Pond Luxury Inn and Adventure Spa.

Room tip: Close to Mendenhall Glacier
Reviewed September 11, 2018

The property was beautiful and peaceful. Our room, the Lakeside, was very nice -- very handy to have the kitchenette & mini-fridge. The jacuzzi was wonderful. The bed was pretty comfortable other than the fact that it sloped to the middle, so each night my wife and I were piled up in the the center of the bed. Not sure if that was to due with the left/ right air adjustment or what, but it kinda annoying.

A key note in terms of the service and breakfast -- if the owner Maryann is not there, and they're renting out the apartment, they will not have access to the full kitchen so you will not receive what our inn keeper described as the "amazing" breakfast that usually is served because they have to cook the food using hot plates, etc. The food was fine, but certainly not amazing. As far as any other hospitality, there wasn't anything when we were there -- they list something in the afternoon, but it didn't happen during the three nights we were there.

One thing that didn't fit with the service we received was the mandatory "gratuity." Being that it was mandatory, I'd call it a fee. It would be one thing if the service and hospitality were really good, but for our stay, it was pretty much non-existent, so I found the gratuity fee to be a sham.

I suspect the experience is different if Maryann is onsite. I would encourage folks to check to see if she will be there and whether or not the apartment will be rented.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Owner_Pearsons_Pond, Owner at Pearson's Pond Luxury Inn and Adventure Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2018

I'm glad you enjoyed our property and rooms, though I'm very sorry you didn't enjoy the breakfasts. I have owned Pearson's Pond for 9 years and this is the first time I had to be away in summer. As you know, the situation was related to my daughter's passing and could not be avoided.

I was extremely disheartened to learn that my innkeeper-in-training wasn't able to maintain a seamless service experience for you and that you were not informed about our guest-determined hospitality hour. Over the years we have found that having a scheduled hospitality hour didn't work well for our guests, who return at varied times from excursions and other activities. To make it more universally available, we have everything ready for our guests to help themselves at a time that is convenient for them.

About the gratuity, like most hotels we do accept optional gratuities; however we don't have a "mandatory gratuity.."

Overall, I hope you accept my sincere apology that your stay wasn't up to our usual standards and that you can rely on me to address your feedback with our staff.