“Very nice place well located and connected”
Review of Driftwood Hotel

Driftwood Hotel
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Juneau
Reviewed 6 September 2017

We stayed their for three nights. The room was very nice and bed very comfortable. The bathrooms little small but well maintained. The room had very good view. The hotel provide free shuttle from Air port and has powerful wi-fi. The hotel is well located as all important places were at walking distance.

The staff very helpful and ready to serve at all time.
The coffee at reception was very tasty.

Room Tip: very good hotel with reasonable price.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 September 2017

We stayed at The Driftwood Hotel since they offer shuttle service for the airport and the Alaska Marine Highway System which is the ferry. I discovered only two hotels in Juneau that offer shuttle service for the ferry. Staff was really helpful and friendly. Our shuttle van driver was superb! This hotel is in a great location that makes for walking distances to most downtown destinations. The room was dated needing to be updated. This is not the hotel for you if you desire luxurious facilities. As I state often in my reviews, my end goal for traveling is not staying in hotels. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 September 2017

Desk clerk initially gave us a room that was occupied. It was on the 2nd floor so we had carried all of our stuff up the stairs. When I came down he was busy with another person, so i waited. He then gave me a room that smelled very strongly of cigarette smoke (it's a no smoking hotel). Again, I had to wait until he had finished with others. Finally, he upgraded us to a suite which was heavily perfumed which barely covered the strong pet urine smell in the room. We gave up since it was only 1 night. Also downtown location is noisy. On the plus side the housekeeping staff did a fantastic job cleaning the room. But there has to be better choices in Juneau. We stayed a couple of nights at the Best Western near the airport. It was way better but also more expensive. You get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2017

The hotel offers a free airport shuttle, which is very convenient. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful.
The rooms are big and clean. No breakfast is offered but I had a coffee machine in the room.
It takes 10 min on foot to go to downtown.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 August 2017

The room was clean. The free shuttle from and to the airport worked well for me. There is a full-sized grocery store (IGA) only a couple of minutes walking distance. The location is around the corner from the State Museum. I stayed in August and paid $125 per night not including taxes. This is typically the price paid for a better type of hotel and not a motel. However, this was a motel style lodging as there were cinder block walls, no clock in the room, and no air conditioning (although it is very rare to need air conditioning in Juneau). I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Professor18
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

The room was fine. A bed and shower. Had a fridge, cooktop etc which I didn't need but had I stayed longer could have. Plenty of hot water, good water pressure, clean. If you need to use the hotels shampoo or body wash, you need scissors or something sharp to cut the packs open. They are impossible without. They should get something different as it's frustrating to discover once you're in the shower. The front desk and shuttle drivers were all nice. The review of rules could be a little annoying but I didn't let it bother me. I've noticed others didn't like it. I thought a bit pricey for the area, but after shopping around on line it was as good as I could do.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 August 2017

We had to leave after one night - the smell in the room from smoke filtering into our "non-smoking" room was awful. The stench from food cooked in the microwave or on small range was pretty unbearable. Keep looking but don't bed for the night at this spot!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends