All reviews grocery store ferry terminal no elevator alaska state museum downtown juneau third floor free internet an easy walk three nights basic hotel walking distance shuttle service location was perfect would stay here again in town living area bed was comfortable
Reviewed August 29, 2018

Love that it was a 5-10 minute walk to downtown, so location was perfect. The Driftwood is more like a motel. Couches should have been replaced 15-20 years ago but you know what? It was super clean, kitchenette was FANTASTIC with stove/oven.
Beds were clean, PLENTY of room, lots of channels to choose from on TV (a little small).
Plenty of hot water for a 15 minute shower (after fishing all day and brrrr!). So for the price? I could put up with it being a little dated. Shuttle runs 24/7, view out the back is spectacular, staff was very accommodating.
Sandpiper Café is adjacent to the Driftwood (excellent!!!), and Foodland is about a city block away and had full services.
Compared to other hotels and the higher prices, it was all we needed and fit the bill.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Jamie H, Operations Supervisor at Driftwood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2018

Thank you very much for your feedback. Im glad you enjoyed your stay. I hope you come back next year to check out all of our updates.

Reviewed August 26, 2018

There was a reason that many of the people we met on the ferry in Alaska stayed here. This place is a real value. We had 3 women in our group. Our 'room' had two bedrooms with 3 beds, a galley kitchen, and a living area. The furnishing is a bit beat. But, the mattresses are great and the place is spotless. We had our own car, but they offered rides to the ferry. It is only 3 blocks or so to walk downtown. we also used their laundry. Staff was very helpful, although we did have to wait awhile for our room.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Jamie H, Operations Supervisor at Driftwood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. I hope to see you again the next time your in Juneau AK. Safe travels.

Reviewed August 19, 2018

After a ten day boat trip through the Alaska Inside Passage on a 65' boat I checked into the driftwood Hotel in Juneau, AK. It was nice to be able to take a hot bath and have a kitchenette with a sink, coffee set up and microwave wave. After checking in I walked to the tourist district .The bed was comfy and I slept through to the wake up call. Transportation was provided to the airport with a friendly driver. They also have a laundry room.

Date of stay: August 2018
Jamie H, Operations Supervisor at Driftwood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay. See you next time your in Juneau AK.

Reviewed August 15, 2018

We stayed 3 days in Driftwood Hotel.We were 8 Adults booked in 2 rooms, according to hotels.com 1 room was sufficiently big to accommodate 6 adults.Upon reaching the hotel we realised that the so called 2 bedroom apartment for 6 adults could barely accommodate 4 adults, the same was also informed to us by hotel reception.
Upon asking the hotel how they accepted the booking for 6 adults in 2 bed room apartment they asked us to deal with hotels.com.
The apartments are small pigeon holes with no view.
The room walls and ceilings are so thin that we were disturbed throughout our stay by noises from adjoining and above rooms.
Lastly the hotel staff is very indifferent to your needs, the housekeeping was only done on many requests and that too a half hearted replenishment of the room amenities and making of the beds.
A big No for future.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Im sorry you didn't enjoy your stay, but it seems to me that we wouldn't have been able to make you happy, as you were already upset. Might I recomend booking directly through the hotel next time. Had you called to book a room, we could have told you 6 people would be very tight, and would require a roll away bed. As for the housekeeping, I will address this issue with my housekeeping staff to see why we fell short. For that, I do apologize. I dont know which room you had but most of our 2 bedroom suites have a great view, might I recommend booking on the third floor next time. The view up there is fantastic. We will be remodeling soon. If youd like to contact me about these issues. You can reach me by email, of you can contact me directly at the hotel.

Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

Best aspect of this hotel is the staff, who I found to be very helpful. The shuttle service between the airport is also very helpful. But the rooms could definitely use some updating. And some environmental controls would also be very helpful. It got very warm on the second floor when I was there and the fan they provided was only somewhat helpful. They don't have breakfast, but do have kitchenettes in the rooms which is fine if you want to go out grocery shopping. Location is very convenient to downtown attractions. Rates are reasonable given the location

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Jamie H, Operations Supervisor at Driftwood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We will be updating during the off season. Be sure to come check out all of our changes next season. Sorry it got to hot for you, heat is not a common problem for us here in Alaska.